Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus Overview
Loaded with Cambridge’s 2nd generation Adaptive Time Filtering processing and new Wolfson digital-to-analog converters, DacMagic Plus is aimed squarely at the music fan looking for high level digital-to-analog conversion from a home computer, CD player, video game console, TV, or any other source with a digital audio output. With onboard balanced XLR / unbalanced RCA outputs and volume control, DacMagic Plus can be fed directly to any power amp or powered speakers for an amazing audio show. Or simply plug in your headphones for a private listening session.
- Hi-Fi audio processing using 2nd generation Adaptive Time Filtering upsampling to 24-bit/384kHz and dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- Asynchronous USB connection for precise data transfer with reduced jitter
- Playback audio sourced from nearly any digital device, including computers, TVs, CD players, gaming systems, and more
- Support for standard Bluetooth and high-quality AptX streaming (requires optional BT100 dongle)
- Digital inputs: 2xS/PDIF coaxial, 2xTOSLINK optical, 2xUSB
- Digital outputs: 1xS/PDIF coaxial (passthrough), 1xTOSLINK optical (passthrough)
- Analog outputs: 1xBalanced XLR, 1xRCA
- Digital input supported: 16-24-bit, 32-192kHz
- Audio output sampling: 24-bit/384kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-1dB
- Impedance rating: <50ohms
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.0” x 8.6” x 7.6”
- Weight: 2.6 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Boost your digital audio experience
The DacMagic Plus connects between any digital source and a receiver, amp, or powered speakers, replacing that source’s less than optimal DAC with pure Hi-Fi processing. Utilizing Cambridge Audio’s ATF2 technology, a 2nd generation Adaptive Time Filtering system, all files – including true CD quality sound – are upsampled to 24-bit/384kHz Hi-Res perfection. This interpolation process utilizes a sophisticated algorithm and a 32-bit Analog Devices DSP to buffer and re-clock data, dramatically removing jitter and honing your audio’s purity. That audio is then processed by dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit digital-to-analog converters deployed in a dual differential mode – the same configuration found on Cambridge’s high-end CD players. And because each chip operates independently, your ears will be treated to pinpoint stereo imaging loaded with incredible detail and depth.
Connect multiple sources or go wireless!
The backside of the DacMagic Plus houses two separate digital inputs (both featuring S/PDIF and TOSLINK) for connectivity with a wide variety of digital sources. That means you can source digital audio from a television, network music player, CD player, and more. And if wireless playback from a Bluetooth capable device is desired, simply plug in Cambridge’s optional BT100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver Dongle for standard or high-quality AptX Bluetooth streaming of your favorite music and streaming services.
Enjoy ultra-pure USB audio
Aside from support for 24-bit/192kHz audio through both of its USB inputs, DacMagic Plus has another seriously powerful tool in its bag of tricks: asynchronous USB. This type of USB input provides a Hi-Fi connection to your computer that allows DacMagic to precisely control data transfer timing using its own clock, resulting in a digital feed practically devoid of sound-destroying jitter. Of course, this also means you’re bypassing your computer’s less than optimal soundcard processing. The result is audio devoid of smear, sharpened with exacting sonic details that your ears will love.
Connect as a preamp or direct to speakers
The DacMagic Plus carries two types of outputs – including gold plated RCA phono outputs – to connect directly with powered speakers, power amplifiers, and receivers. Its front mounted volume knob can be engaged for preamp duties, or disengaged for a fixed line-level output to an external component that houses its own power and volume control. And for higher-end audiophile arrangements, the DacMagic Plus features balanced XLR outputs for a quality connection that rejects noise and invasive external interference.
Integrate with a range of Cambridge Audio gear
Because the DacMagic Plus Digital to Analogue Converter and Preamplifier offers a range of input and output connectivity, it can be paired with most any Cambridge Audio amp, receiver, or network music player. If you own a large room system, we suggest incorporating Cambridge’s Azur 851A Class XD Integrated Amplifier or the massively powerful 200 watts per channel Azur 851W Amplifier. Both are more than capable of driving amazing audio systems. And if a wide range of wireless connectivity is desired, reach for Cambridge Audio’s versatile CXN V2 Network Player for native access to streaming services, networked computers and servers, and more.
- Digital to analogue converters: Dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- Digital filter: Analog devices ADSP21261 DSP; upsampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Analogue filter: 2-pole dual differential Bessel double virtual Earth-balanced
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz (±0.1dB)
- THD @ 1kHz: <0.001% 24-bit
- Signal to noise ratio: - 112dB
- Total correlated jitter: <130pS
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: <-130dB
- Output impedance: <50 ohms
- Maximum output level (unbalanced) 2.1Vrms
- Maximum output level (balanced): 4.2Vrms (2.1V per phase)
- Maximum power consumption: 12W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2" x 8.6" x 7.6"
- Weight: 2.6 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- DacMagic Plus Digital to Analogue Converter and Preamplifier
Customer Reviews for Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus Digital to Analogue Converter and Preamplifier
1 year ago