Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport Overview
The idea behind a CD transport is simple: to separate the drive and laser from the process that converts a digital signal to analog. This separation keeps digital signals intact for as long as possible, postponing analog conversion until the last possible moment. The result? Less signal deterioration and more accurate sound. Cambridge Audio’s CXC CD Transport puts performance at the forefront, featuring the company’s best single-purpose servo drive mechanism and low-noise components. That makes the CXC your ticket to ultra-precise compact disc playback, unlocking more detail and sonic accuracy from your favorite tracks.
- S/PDIF output impedance: <75ohms
- Max power consumption: 25W
- Digital outputs: 1xS/PDIF coaxial, 1xTOSLINK optical
- Compatible discs: CD, CD-R, and CD-RW
- Cambridge Audio’s S3 Servo drive mechanism engineered specifically for CDs
- Anti-resonant metal chassis to damp invasive vibrations
- Audiophile grade toroidal transformer for ultra-low noise performance
- Double-sided PCBs for a short signal path
- Remote control with Control Bus RCA connection for pairing with other Cambridge Audio products
- Single disc operation
- Gapless playback
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.4” x 16.9” x 12.4”
- Weight: 10.3 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Pure digital audio
That’s exactly what the CXC CD Transport produces without the weighty burden of performing complex digital-to-analog processing. The CXC focuses all of its energy on reading a music disc with maximum precision, sending its digital signal to an outboard processor of your choice. The transport’s single-purpose design keeps interference and signal degradation to a minimum, guaranteeing you’ll hear super clean audio loaded with detail.
State of the art drive mechanism
The engineers at Cambridge Audio spared no expense crafting the CXC, endowing it with the company’s top shelf S3 servo drive system. Also found on its flagship 851C Upsampling DAC, CD player, and Preamplifier, the S3 servo specializes in spinning discs at CD specific speeds. While that means you can’t play some formats like MP3s, it does mean you’ll pull every ounce of data from your music CDs with minimal jitter and distortion. Add to the mix an ultra-low noise toroidal transformer and short signal path PCBs, and the CXC’s digital signal is optimized for clarity.
Low resonance chassis
The CXC’s full metal casework – including its thick brushed aluminum front panel – and robust internal metal chassis are vibration killers, designed to provide the transport enhanced resonance control.
Build a powerhouse system
Because the CXC CD Transport lacks onboard digital-to-analog conversion, you’ll need to mate it with a capable external processor for music playback. What better choice than Cambridge Audio’s CX Series of integrated amps? After all, these units are designed to function together. Whether you choose the capable CXA 60 Integrated Amplifier or the top-flight CXA 80 Integrated Amplifier, you’ll enjoy high-performance Wolfson DACs capable of pulling amazing levels of detail from your favorite digital recordings.
- Digital audio outputs: S/PDIF coaxial and TOSLINK optical
- S/PDIF output impedance: <75 ohms
- Maximum power consumption: 25W
- Standby power consumption: <0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.1" x 16.9" x 12.4"
- Weight: 10.3 lbs.
- Gapless playback
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- CXC CD Player and Transport