Cambridge Audio CXA 60 Integrated Amplifier Overview
We’re big fans of Cambridge Audio’s “sound first” mission, a philosophy that’s forged an amazing array of gear specifically engineered for hi-fi performance. The CXA 60 Integrated Amplifier was designed from the ground up to deliver crystal clear amplification for a stunning audio experience. Whether you’re sourcing music from a tape deck or putting the amp’s top shelf digital-to-analog converter (DAC) to use, the CXA 60 offers a variety on inputs to handle any analog or digital connection. Add high-quality components and internal features rarely seen at this price point, and you have a gateway to true audiophile grade performance.
- Power output: 60 watts (8 ohms)
- Analog inputs: 4xRCA, 1x3.5mm minijack
- Digital inputs: 1xS/PDIF coaxial, 2xTOSLINK optical, 1xUSB
- Outputs: speakers A+B, 3.5mm minijack headphone, preamp output, subwoofer output
- Max power consumption: 600 watts
- Oversized toroidal transformer and symmetrically separated heat sinks/circuit paths for minimal cross-channel interference
- High performance Wolfson WM8740 DAC
- Support for Bluetooth functionality (requires optional BT100 dongle)
- Headphone jack for discrete listening sessions
- 8 speaker posts for 2 pairs of speakers
- Frequency response: <5Hz – 60kHz +/-1dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.5” x 16.9” x 13.4”
- Weight: 18.3 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Quality is in the details
Take one look under the hood and it’s evident the CXA 60 is something special. At its heart is a centrally positioned, oversized toroidal transformer surrounded by extruded heat sinks, carefully placed to avoid heat transfer to sensitive preamp circuitry. That transformer feeds a highly efficient Class A/B amp design capable of delivering 60 watts per channel – more than enough oomph to confidently drive efficient speakers in small to medium sized rooms. And with two sets of binding posts, you can even power a second set of speakers for music in a separate room.
Add to the mix Wolfson’s elite-grade WM8740 digital-to-analog converter and an internal PCB layout that minimizes stereo channel crosstalk, and the CXA 60 is masterfully capable of world class performance no matter what volume level you prefer.
Connect your favorite digital sources
Aside from enough analog inputs to handle external sources like an AM/FM tuner or cassette deck, the CXA 60 offers both S/PDIF and TOSLINK digital inputs for use with a CD player, network player, or other digital component. And if you’re like us, you’ll want to play music stored on your smartphone or handheld device; simply plug it into the front mounted 3.5mm minijack or purchase Cambridge’s USB-compatible BT100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver Dongle for high-quality AptX Bluetooth streaming of your favorite music and streaming services.
Control your sound
The CXA 60 features easy-access treble and bass controls that allow you to tune sound output to your liking. And if you’re looking for a serious bass boost, simply connect a subwoofer to the rear mounted Sub Out.
The perfect match
The CXA 60 has a wide range of digital and analog inputs, so you can add a number of different external source components to create a true hi-fi system of separates. Take, for example, Cambridge Audio’s CXC CD Player Transport or the versatile CXN V2 Network Streamer, both of which combine to offer access to limitless digital entertainment.
- Power output: 60W RMS into 8 ohms, 90W RMS into 4 ohms
- DAC: Wolfson WM8740
- Frequency response: <5Hz - 60kHz +/-1dB
- Analogue audio inputs: 4x RCA, 1x 3.5mm Mp3 input (front panel)
- Digital audio inputs: 1x S/PDIF coaxial, 2x TOSLINK optical, Bluetooth via BT100
- Compatibility: TOSLINK optical, S/PDIF coaxial, BT100 Bluetooth receiver
- Outputs: Speakers A+B, 3.5mm headphone, preamp output, subwoofer output
- Maximum power consumption: 600W
- Standby power consumption: <0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.5" x 16.9" x 13.4"
- Weight: 18.3 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- CXA 60 Integrated Amplifier
- Remote control
- Power cord