Make the most of any turntable, including the most high-end audiophile models with this Moving Magnet & Moving Coil phono preamplifier.
- Phono pre-amplifier with moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) input stages
- Balance control for fine correction of cartridge imbalance
- Discrete transistors for the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits
- Eco-friendly <1W Standby power consumption
- Single-ended ‘Class A’ gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalization
- Available in brushed black and silver finishes
- Multi-parallel capacitors to achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy of only 0.3dB up to 50kHz
- Selectable subsonic filter to eliminate very low frequency ‘rumble’, caused by vinyl imperfections
DESIGNED FOR PURITYThere is something uniquely pleasurable about listening to vinyl, something that digital media can't reproduce in quite the same way. However most hi-fi amplifiers won't let you plug in a turntable directly. You need to connect via a phono stage (also known as a phono preamp) to make the very small signal from the turntable powerful enough for your main amp to work with. But it's very easy to add noise at this stage, which is why Cambridge Audio designed the CP2 using premium components chosen for exceptional accuracy, amplifying the signal without distorting it.
Audio circuitry has been refined with multiple transistors wired in parallel ensuring the lowest possible distortion and noise. A copper shield provides further protection to this extremely sensitive part of the circuitry, limiting the noise that can be injected into the signal. This is especially important with a Moving Coil cartridge because its signal is even quieter and more delicate than Moving Magnet, so it needs even more amplification.
High-spec multi-parallel capacitors achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy - the industry standard for reproducing vinyl recordings. A highly accurate, subsonic filter also removes the common problem of unwanted low-frequencies that are inaudible but can damage subwoofers.
- Max power consumption:
- Gain @ 1kHz:
- Moving Magnet: 39dB | Moving Coil: 55dBB
- Nominal output:
- Sensitivity for nominal output:
- THD 20Hz-20kHz:
- RIAA curve accuracy:
- Moving Magnet: <+/-0.3dB
- 20Hz-50kHz (subsonic filter off)
- Signal to noise ratio using Audio Precision RIAA-1 with grounded inputs:
- Moving Magnet: 86dB | Moving Coil: >72dB
- Input impedance:
- Moving Magnet: 47k Ohm | Moving Coil: 100 Ohm
- Input capacitance:
- Overload margin:
- Crosstalk @ 20kHz:
- Moving Magnet: >83dB | Moving Coil: >69dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 46 x 215 x 133 (1.8 x 8.5 x 5.2”)
- 2.0lbs / 0.9kg