The pinnacle of digital and streaming performance – the 851N is the ultimate network player. Its features include; 24-bit/384kHz upsampling from all sources, native 24-bit/192kHz playback, USB, digital audio inputs and streaming over wi-fi including UPnP and NAS drives, Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay, and DSD.
AZUR 851N Features:
You can stream virtually any file to the 851N and its internal engine will then bring it to life. Firstly, all tracks are put through Cambridge Audio's 2nd generation Adaptive Time Filtering that upsamples everything to 24bit/384kHz hi-res quality, no matter the original source. As a result, jitter is almost completely absent, and the music sounds amazing. The upsampled data then passes through Twin Analog Devices DACs (very high-end digital to analogue converters) which are implemented in a dual differential configuration meaning each channel has its own DAC. The result is lifelike stereo imaging where instruments can be heard in specific parts of your room with uncanny accuracy. All of these audiophile internals are powered by a large toroidal transformer and wrapped in rigid metal casework for the best delivery of a high quality and consistent signal with low noise and buzz levels.
Not just a great network player the 851N is also an outstanding digital pre-amp that can be connected directly to dedicated power amplifiers as well traditional integrated amps. Keeping the signal digital to the last moment makes it less susceptible to analogue deterioration, while a 32-bit SHARC DSP controls the volume output; by keeping the entire signal digital the best possible sound is achieved, even at very low volume levels.
The 851N takes almost any digital file from virtually any source and renders it to the highest possible standard meaning any digital audio source can be enjoyed as part of your hi-fi set up. Its wireless options include NAS Drive / UPnP compatibility, internet radio, Spotify Connect, and Apple Airplay. Add an optional BT100 Bluetooth dongle and any Bluetooth device can be connected also. Digital source components such as TVs, smartphones, PCs or MACs can connect via optical, co-axial, AES/EBU and asynchronous USB Audio digital inputs. Music files in all the popular formats are supported, from MP3, through to FLAC/Apple Lossless, DSD64 and WAV 16-24 bit master files.
The 851N will play anything you want and thanks to its huge processing power and effortless functionality from our award winning StreamMagic Platform, it’s a seamless listener experience.
- D/A converters
- Twin Analog Devices AD1955 24-bit DACs
- Digital filter:
- 2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz. Linear Phase, Minimum phase or Steep mode
- Analog Filter:
- 2-pole differential Bessel with DC servo (for both XLR and RCA outputs)
- Digital audio inputs
- 1 x AES/EBU, 2 x S/PDIF coaxial and 2 x TOSLINK optical
- USB Audio input
- USB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable)
- Analog audio outputs:
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue audio outputs
- UPnP: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
- Local USB media:Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
- USB Audio1.0: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 44.1-96kHz
- USB Audio 2.0: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 44.1-192kHz or DSD x64 (DSD also available over UPnP streaming)
- TOSLINK: 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz (using high quality TOSLINK optical cable) S/PDIF: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz AES3/EBU: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz BT100 Bluetooth receiver: A2DP plus aptX Internet radio: 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
- Audio formats:
- ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, DSD (x64), WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
- Standby power consumption:
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 115 x 430 x 360mm (4.5 x 16.9 x 14.7”)
- 8.1kg (17.9lbs)