P5 Wireless Headphones
P5 Wireless combines fantastic sound and luxurious materials with advanced Bluetooth streaming for an unrivaled wireless acoustic performance. Best-in-class acoustic design. The best Bluetooth streaming technology. Put these together, and you can enjoy all the freedom and convenience of wireless headphones, without compromising on sound quality. Listen and you’ll see.
As P5 Wireless has a different internal design to accommodate the electronics and battery, the acoustic system was retuned to ensure P5 Wireless performed as well as P5 Series 2.
It was also vital the product sounded the same when used wirelessly or with a cable. To achieve this P5 Wireless was tuned passively, using mechanical and acoustic techniques, with no additional equalization from the electronics when in wireless mode.
Retuning the acoustic damping foam and careful selection of the resistive mesh on the speaker chassis has compensated for the loss in acoustic volume. Because of the volume occupied by the electronics and battery, the internal volume and structure of the left and right sides have been designed to be identical. This helps to achieve an identical frequency response between sides.
- The first Bowers & Wilkins wireless headphones sound just as good as their wired siblings, and are designed and balanced by the engineers behind the reference monitors in Abbey Road Studios.
New drive units
- P5 Wireless features drive units based on the award winning P7, designed with a diaphragm like a traditional speaker’s – resulting in more precise diaphragm movement and amazing sound quality.
- By using high-quality Bluetooth aptX, the P5 Wireless headphones let you stream Hi-Fi quality music from your smartphone, tablet or computer with the minimum of fuss. You can also control the playback via the intuitive on-board controls.
- P5 Wireless boasts an incredible battery life of 17 hours of wireless playback between charges. It’s simple to charge via USB too, and if you want to save your battery then it also comes supplied with a cable.
- With most headphones, sound quality is a direct result of the way the drive units are designed, and the diaphragm usually performs the dual role of sound generator and suspension system.
- For P5 Wireless their engineering expertise has allowed B&W to adopt the P7 driver techniques, for a new kind of headphone driver that works more like the drive unit in a Hi-Fi speaker, with a diaphragm focused purely on the job it’s supposed to do: generate sound. Which means a drive unit with a more precise, controlled movement – and a giant leap forward in sound quality.
- Like, P5 Series 2, P5 Wireless also uses a patented new chassis design with integral short circuit.
- Most Bluetooth headphones use an amplifier that is part of the Bluetooth electronics module. P5 Wireless uses a separate amplifier section selected and tuned to ensure an open natural sound.
- The digital signal processor has been developed to produce a linear listening experience independent of source device or volume level.
- P5 Wireless supports aptX audio coding technology for high-resolution Bluetooth streaming.
- Optimising the electronics and battery solution has allowed for P5 Wireless to achieve 17 hours at normal listening levels.
- Simple USB charging means you can power up from your computer at any time. An LED light lets you know when it’s time to charge.
- In addition to the listening experience they have also worked hard to ensure the best telephony performance.
- P5 Wireless uses two microphones and Clear Voice Capture technology (CVC 2) algorithms. This improves performance compared to a single microphone. One microphone focuses on the voice that is to be heard, while the additional microphone monitors the environmental noise. This allows the microphone to focus and reproduce the voice to be heard while reducing background noise.
- The parts that house the microphone have been designed in a way that reduces wind noise.
- Due to the slightly different size and weight of P5 Wireless compared to P5 Series 2, the ergonomics have been extensively tested and refined to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable listening experience.
- The speaker plate component has been carefully designed to include acoustic short circuits. This venting is optimized to enhance bass performance and add openness to the sound.
- Additionally, the location of the speaker within the plate has been adjusted to ensure optimum position against the ear.
- P5 Wireless uses innovative ear cushions, where the memory foam has been engineered to provide additional damping and extra comfort.
- The support structure includes small vents optimised to reduce coloration.
If you do run out of charge or want to use P5 Wireless with a cable for any reason, B&W has supplied one in the box.
- P5 Wireless are designed for music on the move. Light, and comfortable and wireless, they deliver pristine sound whenever you want, wherever you are. They even come with their own carry case.
- Model: P5 Wireless
- Description: Wireless Headphones
- Technical features:
- Bluetooth v3.0
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Nylon damped diaphragm
- Damping foam
- CCAW coil
- Drive units: 2x 40mm (1.2 in) Full range
- Frequency range: 10Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 22 ohms (passive)
- Distortion (THD): <0.4% (1KHz/10mW)
- Sensitivity: 109dB/V at 1kHz
- 3.5mm stereo mini jack (CTIA 4-pole)
- Micro USB 2.0 (Battery Charging, Service, FW update)
- 2x microphones supporting CVC2 algorithm
- Bluetooth codecs:
- aptX (standard latency)
- Net weight: 213g
What's In The Box:
- P5 Wireless Headphones
- Universal cable
- USB cable
- Carry case