The perfect partner for the 683 S2 in a commanding home theatre system, this true three-way center speaker features two 6.5-inch drivers, an FST midrange and a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter.
The HTM61 S2 now features a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter, ideal for delivering the clarity needed for dialogue. The double dome enhances rigidity without adding weight, for a more precise response, while decoupling the tweeter from the main enclosure removes unwanted resonances and vibration. The result is absolutely clear.
Using construction techniques found in the 600 Series floorstanders, the HTM61 S2 also features two 6.5-inch bass drivers that use new aluminum cones, for an ideal mix of punch and precision.
Below the Decoupled Double Dome tweeter and between the two 6.5-inch bass drivers lies an FST enclosure midrange driver. And to the rear of the speaker are two Flowports. Together these ensure stunning audio clarity is carried across the entire frequency range, and a new symmetrical design improves integration and sound dispersion. The result is a serious center speaker - stunning for big-screen action.
- 3-way vented-box system
- Woven Kevlar
- Crossover Tuning
- Nautilus Tapering Tube
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter with Nautilus™ tube loading
- Kevlar® brand fiber cone FST™ midrange driver
- Dual-layer aluminum cone bass driver
- Drive units: 1x ?25mm (1 in) aluminum dome high-frequency, 1x ?100mm (4 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange, 2x ?165mm (6.5 in) aluminum cone bass
- Frequency range: -6dB at 42Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 22 kHz ?3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response, Horizontal: over 20? arc, Vertical: over 60? arc
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 95Hz - 22 kHz, <0.5% 180Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8ohms (minimum 5.2ohms)
- Crossover frequencies: 400Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 150W into 8ohms on unclipped program
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1 ohm
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 218mm (8.6 in) x 590mm (23.2 in) x 304mm (12 in) cabinet, grille and terminals
- Net weight: 17.2kg (37.8 lb)