The Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 Diamond Series Bookshelf Speaker produces a crystal-clear audio experience worthy of an audiophile's listening room. Its smaller size lends to convenient placement, but packs a powerful sound that can fill a room with an impressive range of frequencies. With a dome tweeter made from real diamond materials, there's a noticeable lack of distortion and improved clarity of sound, which helps create an accurate response for high and low frequencies.
B&W 805 D3 Speaker Features:
- Diamond dome tweeter surrounded by solid aluminum for stability
- Beautifully finished in Gloss Black or Rosenut colors
- Made as a 2-way vented box system to ensure healthy airflow and improved overall sound
- Add a second 805 D3 speaker for a true stereo sound
The 805 D3 is the only loudspeaker of its size and type to feature studio-grade technology in the form of a Diamond dome tweeter. It’s capable of delivering pristine sound from a relatively slight dimensions, allowing even those people with smaller listening rooms to experience True Sound.
Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 Bookshelf Speaker Features:
Solid body tweeter
- The Diamond dome tweeter is housed in a solid piece of aluminium. This mechanically inert structure provides an incredibly rigid platform from which the tweeter can deliver crystal clear sound.
- The Continuum cone delivers pristine midrange performance by effectively negating the break-up behavior that can adversely affect this all-important part of the spectrum.
Diamond Dome Tweeters
- Incredibly light, yet unbelievably rigid, Diamond is the ultimate tweeter material. Delivering the most revealing, natural treble you will ever hear.
Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 Bookshelf Speaker Specifications:
- Technical Features
- Diamond Tweeter
- Anti-resonance plug
- Continuum cone bass mid
- Solid body tweeter
- Tweeter on top
- Optimized Matrix
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units
- 1x @ 25mm (1in) diamond dome high-frequency
- 1x @ 165mm (6.5in) Continuum cone bass midrange
- Frequency range: 34Hz to 35kHz
- Frequency response: 42Hz to 28kHz (+/- 3dB from reference axis)
- Sensitivity: 88dB SPL (2.83 Vrms at 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis)
- <1% 70Hz – 20kHz
- <0.6% 120Hz – 20kHz
- Nominal impedance (min): 8 ohms (minimum 4.6 ohms)
- Recommended amplifier power: 50W – 120W into 8 ohms on unclipped program
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1 ohms
- Height: 424mm
- Width: 238mm
- Depth: 345mm
- Net weight: 12.6kg