Bowers & Wilkins 804 D3 Diamond Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker
The 804 D3 is a traditional-looking floorstanding speaker featuring cutting edge technology. The ultra-rigid cabinet plays host to a Diamond Dome tweeter, Continuum cone midrange and Aerofoil bass drivers. All of these come together to generate room filling, highly detailed performance.
Bowers & Wilkins 804 D3 Floorstanding Loudspeaker Features:
- Bracing is essential in keeping a speaker stable, so the character of instruments comes through cleanly. Developed using computer modelling and constructed from wood ply with metal reinforcement, Matrix offers the ultimate in bracing.
- The Continuum cone delivers pristine midrange performance by effectively negating the break-up behavior that can adversely affect this all-important part of the spectrum.
- The Aerofoil cone’s variable thickness provides added strength where it is needed to maintain its pistonic shape, delivering rock sold bass.
Diamond Dome Tweeters
- Incredibly light, yet unbelievably rigid, Diamond is the ultimate tweeter material. Delivering the most revealing, natural treble you will ever hear.
Bowers & Wilkins 804 D3 Floorstanding Loudspeaker Specifications:
- Technical Features:
- Diamond Tweeter
- Anti-resonance Plug
- Continuum Cone FST
- Aerofoil cone bass units
- Optimized Matrix
- Solid body tweeter
- Tweeter on top
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Drive Units:
- 1x @ 25mm (1 in) diamond dome high-frequency
- 1x @ 130mm (5 in) Continuum cone FST midrange
- 2x @ 165 (6.5 in) Aerofoil cone bass units
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 35kHz
- Frequency Response: 24Hz to 28kHz (+/- 3dB from reference axis)
- Sensitivity: 89dB SPL (2.83Vrms at 1m)
- Harmonic Distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis)
- <1% 70Hz – 20kHz
- <0.3% 120Hz – 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance (min): 8 ohms (minimum 3.0 ohms)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50W – 200W into 8 ohms on unclipped programme
- Recommended Cable Impedance: 0.1 ohms
- Dimensions: 1019mm H x 238mm W x 345mm D
- Net Weight: 33kg (73 lbs)