World Wide Stereo Says
If you seek uncompromising performance in a floor-standing loudspeaker of modest size, the Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamond deserves your serious consideration. Its sculpted form incorporates B&W's nautilus technology, virtually eliminating resonance-related distortions. Twin 8-inch woofers create tight, visceral, nuanced bass with precision and depth.
The rock-solid Marlan® cabinet, available in an immaculate black or Rosewood finish, speaks to the 802 Diamond's function: sublime audio reproduction. All it takes is one listen and you'll lose yourself in the smooth, silky, yet accurate sound of this audio masterpiece—it's the perfect upgrade for serious listeners.
From Bowers & Wilkins
The 802 Diamond is the smaller of the two 'headed' models in the 800 Series Diamond. It offers immense levels of scale and clarity, and is destined to be a favorite among audiophiles for many years to come.
If you’re looking for a speaker with the power, clarity and presence of the mighty 800 Diamond, but your listening area can’t quite accommodate its studio-sized proportions, the 802 Diamond is the answer. Retaining the groundbreaking spherical head design of its bigger brother, it’s the closest you’ll get to true studio sound at home. While the slimmer dimensions of the 802 Diamond make it an easier fit for living spaces, the basic design retains nearly all of the features of the top-of-the-range 800 Diamond, including the teardrop form of the midrange head. Molded from Marlan®, a synthetic, mineral filled resin, this granite-hard enclosure is sprayed with seven coats of lacquer and polished by hand until it's as smooth as glass. As with all of the speakers in the range, the 802 Diamond features our legendary Nautilus™ tapering tube drive unit technology. First pioneered on our trailblazing Nautilus speaker, the tubes work like horns in reverse, minimizing coloration by soaking up excess sound energy from the back of the driver. So that all that emerges from the front is the most fully formed, focused and pristine sound.
- Frequency range: -6dB at 27Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 34Hz – 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: Horizontal: over 60 degree arc
- Vertical: Vertical: over 10 degree arc
- Sensitivity: 90dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 40Hz – 100kHz, <0.5% 70Hz –100kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8ohms (minimum 3.5ohms)
- Crossover frequencies: 350Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 50W – 500W into 8ohms on unclipped program
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1135mm (44.7in) (not including feet) x 368mm (14.5in) x 563mm (22.2in)
- Net weight: 72kg (159 lb)
- Free-mounted diamond dome tweeter
- Nautilus™ tube tweeter loading
- Quad magnet tweeter motor
- Kevlar® brand fibre cone FST™ midrange
- Sphere/tube midrange enclosure
- Rohacell® cone bass
- Dual magnet bass driver motor
- Matrix™ cabinet
- 1x 25mm (1 in) diamond dome high-frequency
- 1x 150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange
- 2x 200mm (8 in) Rohacell® cone bass