Room-filling sound without a room-filling speaker cabinet. Slimmer than ever before, the 684 S2 offers an amazing combination of floorstander power, audio performance and unbeatable value.
Switching to 5-inch bass/midrange drivers from the previous 6.5-inch cones, means the 684 S2 is now significantly slimmer than its predecessor, with simultaneously improved audio performance, thanks to Bowers & Wilkins innovation. The two Kevlar cone drivers benefit from smaller voice coils to increase sensitivity.
The 5-inch drivers now also feature Anti-Resonance Plug dustcaps, technology taken from our high-end PM1 speakers, that improve pistonic movement inside the voice coil. This helps to deliver amazingly distortion-free midrange performance, all in a smaller space.
As well as slimmer, improved driver performance, the 684 S2 also features a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter. Double dome technology, brought across from the CM10, increases tweeter rigidity for a more precise sound, while the tweeter sits in a gel-filled cavity, decoupled from the surrounding cabinet - which removes resonances and vibrations, for a more natural, spacious sound.
- 2-way vented-box system
- Woven Kevlar
- Crossover Tuning
- Nautilus Tapering Tube
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter with Nautilus™ tube loading
- Kevlar® brand fiber cone bass/midrange drivers Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminum dome high-frequency, 2x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass/midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 72Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response, Horizontal: over 60º arc, Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 87dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 140Hz - 22kHz, <0.5% 180Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8ohms (minimum 4.0ohms)
- Crossover frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 25W - 150W into 8ohms on unclipped program
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1ohm
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 920mm (36.2 in) cabinet only x 160mm (6.3 in) cabinet only x 234mm (9.2 in)
- Net Weight: 14.2kg (31.2 lb)