The largest speaker in the 600 Series. This floorstander is ideal for audiophile stereo and home theatre applications in larger rooms, delivering serious performance and amazing value.
The 683 S2 features a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter - technology evolved from Bowers & Wilkins CM10 speaker. The double dome design uses an extremely thin aluminum dome for lightness, surrounded by a thicker aluminum ring for rigidity. The result is a far more precise treble performance. And while the tweeter looks like it’s part of the main speaker, it’s physically separated in its own gel-filled cavity, so performance isn’t hit by unwanted resonances or vibrations, for a more natural, spacious sound.
Serious and accurate bass performance is equally vital to such a room-filling speaker. That’s why the 683 S2 features a new bass driver construction method, using a similar method of bracing to the tweeter with twin layers of aluminum. The richer, distortion-free bass response is sumptuous.
As well as new bass driver construction techniques and a new tweeter, brought in from Bower & Wilkins high-end series, the 683 S2 also boasts an FST Kevlar midrange driver. Serious technology, serious performance, but seriously affordable for a speaker of this caliber.
- 3-way vented-box system
- Woven Kevlar
- Crossover Tuning
- Nautilus Tapering Tube
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter with Nautilus™ tube loading
- Kevlar® brand fiber cone FST™ midrange driver
- Dual-layer aluminum cone bass driver
- Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) aluminum dome high-frequency, 1x ø150mm (6 in) woven Kevlar® cone FST™ midrange, 2x ø165mm (6.5 in) aluminum cone bass
- Frequency range: -6dB at 30Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 52Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response, Horizontal: over 60º arc, Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 89dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m), <1% 95Hz - 22kHz, <0.5% 120Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8ohms (minimum 3.0ohms)
- Crossover frequencies: 400Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 25W - 200W into 8ohms on unclipped program
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1ohm
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 985mm (38.8 in) cabinet only x 190mm (7.5 in) cabinet only x 364mm (14.3 in)
- Net Weight: 27.2kg (59.7 lb)