Boston Acoustics M340B M-Series 3-Way Floorstanding Speaker
Experience rich sound while enjoying music, movies, and more with the M340 Floorstanding Loudspeaker from Boston Acoustics. This three-way speaker combines a 1-inch Extended Wide Bandwidth dome tweeter with a 4.5-inch midrange and four 4.5-inch woofers for smooth, natural sound and dynamic bass. The M340's Lo-Q cabinet is built to reduce vibrations and eliminate unwanted resonances, and an internal chamber isolates the midrange from the woofers to prevent acoustic interference.
Boston Acoustics M340B M-Series 3-Way Floorstanding Speaker Features:
Clear, Natural Sound for Music, Movies, and More
- The M340 Floorstanding Loudspeaker is equipped with 's signature 1-inch Extended Wide Bandwidth (EWB) dome tweeter, which is designed to cover a broad range of frequencies, reduce distortion, and improve clarity in the high registers. Unlike most tweeters, the EWB has a small dimple in the middle and a large radiating surface that extends from the center to the outside perimeter of the diaphragm. This design enables the tweeter to track subtle treble details and reproduce the highest frequencies with ease.
Smooth Bass Response
- A 4.5-inch polypropylene midrange employs mass loading to dampen harmful resonances and achieve a smoother frequency response at the top of the driver's range. The M340 also features an array of four 4.5-inch polypropylene woofers that produce multiple floor reflections that minimize sensitivity to placement and optimize bass response. The woofers feature aluminum shorting rings for dramatically lower distortion and a clearer sound.
Lo-Q Construction to Limit Vibrations
- The M340 has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the M340 to create a larger, more vivid soundstage.
- An internal chamber acoustically isolates the midrange from the woofers to prevent interference and serves as a reinforcing brace near the top of the cabinet to add rigidity and reduce vibrations even further.
- The cabinet also contains heavy-duty absorptive fill and internal braces that have been carefully positioned to maximize the speaker's strength and optimize sound. The M340's black gloss finish and curved side panels with faux leather wrap can complement any decor.
Product and Warranty Information
- This product measures 40.38 by 8.81 by 11.44 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 46.3 pounds. It is recommended for use with a 50- to 350-watt amplifier.
- The M340 Floorstanding Loudspeaker is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
What's In The Box:
- M340 Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Speaker spikes
- Owner's manual