Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III Wireless Music System Overview
Designed for exceptional convenience and bold sound, the Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III Wireless Music System offers premier wireless audio. The wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth design easily connects to your mobile device, allowing you to control your speakers from anywhere. SoundTouch technology ensures this wireless speaker is compatible with other Bose speakers, so you can create a custom sound system featuring multiple speakers. The resulting audio is sure to immerse you in a wave of audio, so you'll hear your favorite music as you've never heard it before. You can connect a variety of speakers to play in different rooms, letting your music follow you throughout your household, or customize it so each portable speaker is autonomous and has its own sound. With a sleek, sophisticated design and unmatched sound quality for its size, this Bluetooth speaker is great for seasoned audiophiles or anyone who wants a quality sound system that is simple and convenient to set up and customize.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection allows for wireless streaming from mobile devices and other audio sources
- Wireless music system supports MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC and Apple Lossless audio
- SoundTouch app easily turns your phone or tablet into a remote control, allowing for streaming from a variety of music apps
- Portable speaker connects to computer and mobile devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network to stream music, podcasts and other audio for Android and IOS
- Acoustic architecture with ported-box design offers clear bass while two drivers deliver crisp, clear mids and highs to fill any sized room with clear sound at any volume
- Auxiliary input and Ethernet port allows for wired connection from external devices
- Easily control music volume and tracking control on the speaker or via mobile device through the app
- Includes remote for controlling wireless speakers without your smartphone
- Define up to 6 preset channels through the app and both your remote control and SoundTouch speaker store them automatically
- Includes remote control, USB cable and power cord
- Compact design delivers clear, robust sound
- Dimensions: 7.4" H x 12.4" W x 4.1" D
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Customer Reviews for Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III Wireless Music System
Doesn't work with ethernet connection. Looses presettings after some days.
Supports Spotify, Amazon Music, and iHeart Radio, but doesn't support Google or Apple Music. In the days of smart and connected homes, consumers often want to have one brand to work across.
I remember the days when Bose products ware featured in Apple Stores. Things have changed since then.
Surprisingly, this speaker doesn't support Airplay either. Bluetooth is pretty old school.
As I mentioned before, I have two of your speakers. I use it on two different wi-fi network with no extenders used. There is no any kind of "stealth mode" turned on routers and problems appeared in both cases. During 4 years I have tried multiple options to make your speaker working including "Speaker already connected to network", manual mode, factory reset and other troubleshooting steps available in your manual or forums. Based on information on your forums, I am not alone who has such "syncing issues" and have to connect speakers to the same wifi network once a 2-3 month even nothing changed.
Thank you for reviewing our ST20 system. We're sorry to hear of the continued issues you've had here and would be happy to point you in the right direction. From the way you have described this, that the speaker can play a station but won't link back to your app/pc, it would appear that there are syncing issues from the speaker to your Wi-Fi network; and then back to your device. Depending on your Wi-Fi provider, there may be a setting on the router such as a "Stealth Mode" that can cause this exact issue, so please check for this! Additionally, as your networks are already split, we would advise (If there are any) that you try and temporarily remove any extenders in the network, and check this to see if this resolves your issue. If so, please ensure that the phone and speaker are also connected to the same extender, or both to the primary network. Furthermore, we would advise that you try removing the speaker from the app, then attempting to add the speaker back in using "Speaker already connected to network", which can also resolve this issue. Please try these steps to attempt to resolve your issue, and we hope this helps!