Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III Wireless Music System Overview
Designed for exceptional convenience and bold sound, the Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III Wireless Music System offers premier wireless audio. The wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth design easily connects to your mobile device, allowing you to control your speakers from anywhere. SoundTouch technology ensures this wireless speaker is compatible with other Bose speakers, so you can create a custom sound system featuring multiple speakers. The resulting audio is sure to immerse you in a wave of audio, so you'll hear your favorite music as you've never heard it before. You can connect a variety of speakers to play in different rooms, letting your music follow you throughout your household, or customize it so each portable speaker is autonomous and has its own sound. With a sleek, sophisticated design and unmatched sound quality for its size, this Bluetooth speaker is great for seasoned audiophiles or anyone who wants a quality sound system that is simple and convenient to set up and customize.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection allows for wireless streaming from mobile devices and other audio sources
- Wireless music system supports MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC and Apple Lossless audio
- SoundTouch app easily turns your phone or tablet into a remote control, allowing for streaming from a variety of music apps
- Portable speaker connects to computer and mobile devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network to stream music, podcasts and other audio for Android and IOS
- Acoustic architecture with ported-box design offers clear bass while two drivers deliver crisp, clear mids and highs to fill any sized room with clear sound at any volume
- Auxiliary input and Ethernet port allows for wired connection from external devices
- Easily control music volume and tracking control on the speaker or via mobile device through the app
- Includes remote for controlling wireless speakers without your smartphone
- Define up to 6 preset channels through the app and both your remote control and SoundTouch speaker store them automatically
- Includes remote control, USB cable and power cord
- Compact design delivers clear, robust sound
- Dimensions: 7.4" H x 12.4" W x 4.1" D
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Customer Reviews for Bose SoundTouch 20 Series III Wireless Music System
It would be great if Bose can provide some priority to fix a longstanding issue to have these speakers operate seamlessly on home networks like other products from Sonos, Yamaha, Samsung, LG etc.
The Soundtouch 20 and 10 devices fail abysmally as consumer products because:
- I have to regularly setup each of my devices 2-3 times per week because the connection has dropped or an update is forced through the Soundtouch app on my Android tablet. Other devices - Yamaha, various TVs, android tablets, CCTV etc do not behave like this.setup
- The Soundtouch app on android is not exactly user friendly or intuitive and should provide an option to upgrade speakers or not.
- All the advice provided on the BOSE forums to resolve the connectivity issue does not definitively or actually resolve it. Configuration and checking things like static dns, wavelength band and other network settings should not be necessary (see competitors devices) for home consumers. Reboots and calling doubt on routers and other equipment is ill informed advice from a company like BOSE and again unacceptable for consumer products.
As this issue has been unresolved for several years (based on the forum threads) and my internet search for a solution, it is dissapointing that BOSE cannot resolve this significant operational problem and it certainly has impacted on my decision to change systems and actively discourage others from purchasing these units.
The SoundTouch 10 while still sounding great for it's size, it just lacked that depth in the sound for my liking. The SoundTouch 30 sounds epic but it was too big for what I wanted to use it for and was out of my price range. This is where the SoundTouch 20 came in. It still offered a great sound, good size and good value!
Cosmetically - it looks the goods especially with the gloss gunmetal grey carbon-fibre like effect at the top, the front looks good with the glossy screen in the centre and brushed steel SoundTouch emblem. For it's size, it's got some weight to it!
Technicality - if you purchase one of these and want to set up SoundTouch, you need to plug it in to Ethernet first to download an update. They don't want to set up wirelessly out fo the box. Being an I.T. guy, I worked out that it must use an older wireless security setting/protocol that is not supported by many devices. A quick software update via the Ethernet cable did the trick and the SoundTouch app set up wirelessly without issue. I have it connected to my home network via wireless and operate the speaker using the SoundTouch app.
Love it. Such a good little speaker. Perfect for our front lounge/relax room.