Bose Soundbar 700 Overview
Part of the new wireless multi-room family of smart speakers and soundbars from Bose, the premium Soundbar 700 comes with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant built-in for even more versatility than ever before. Tell the soundbar to play your favorite Spotify playlists, or listen to your music library via Bluetooth or your home’s Wi-Fi. Or ask for the latest weather or news. Built to bring style to any room, the Soundbar 700 features a glass top and metal grille, ensuring it looks as good as it sounds. For more bass and surround sound, wirelessly connect the soundbar to the Bose Bass Module 500 or 700 subwoofers and new Bose Surround Speakers. Music and movie nights will never be the same. Check out our review of the Bose Soundbar 700.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant built-in
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Supports Dolby Digital, DTS
- Sophisticated design and superior sound
- Wirelessly connects to Bose Bass Module 500 or 700 and Bose Surround Speakers for 3.1 or 5.1 home theater sound
- HDMI ARC connectivity
- Available in black and white
- Adaptiq Audio calibration
- Control with voice, universal remote control, or Bose Music App
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 31.5" x 1.75" x 4"
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell)
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Please note: Bose Smart Speakers are not compatible with the Bose SoundTouch Series
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 38.5" x 2.25" x 4.25"
- Weight: 10.5 lbs.
- HDMI output with Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- Consumer Electronics Control (CEC)
- Optical TOSLink
- Power input
- USB input
- Supported audio formats: Dolby Digital, DTS
- Video source compatibility: HDMI
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Soundbar 700
- Universal remote
- 4x AA batteries
- Cleaning cloth
- ADAPTiQ headset
- Optical cable
- HDMI cable
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for Bose Sound Bar 700
1 month ago
I wish it had a bit more bass to it so I also purchased the Bose 700 subwoofer. We watch allot of movies/tv since we don't have much to do any more.
BTW set up was very easy
So When you purchase the Bose 700 sound bar make sure to just get the Subwoofer too. You might as well have the best sound system you can have.
My mom can't believe how good it sounds. We've always wanted a Bose sound bar. I do have a sound bar in my bedroom , which is the Bose solo 5 sound bar.
Both are amazing (Samsung tv sound is not the best and it needs a bit of help, though I love Samsung products)
1) You can only operate the soundbar with a remote control. You can't even turn it on using the Bose App or by touching the soundbar. That's bad design. My Bose Universal Remote died, and I couldn't operate the soundbar. To Bose's credit they sent me a new one free of charge, and it works fine. Every soundbar should have a physical on/off button. This is an oversight.
2) It STILL does not work with Google Assistant. Alexa isn't very useful in NZ, but my music collection is with Google Music. It's a pity that I can't use my great Bose soundbar to listen to my music collection.
Other than that, it is indeed one of the best quality sounding soundbars in the market.
1. The remote's activation of the key lights when you move the remote, this doesn't happen many times and it is very frustrating attempting to get the remote keys to light up.
2 The issue with constantly having to re-pair to the Bose 700 Soundbar.
We get a lot of positive comments and compliments on the quality of the sound, at low volume, and when turned up higher. No lose of sound quality at varied volumes.
However, when using Pandora through the bose app, the Bose app does not recognize this!!! So what this means is I have to use the bluetooth featue and use the main pandora app so I can use the premium features.
The other down side to this is by using bluetooth, is I have to leave my phone near the soundbar since I cant walk to the house side of the house without it loosing signal.
It is because of that this thing really fails to deliver. Obviously I am not going to crank this soundbar up when I am right next to it, but when I am across the house I would like to crank it up and be able to change the music at willl. Thats possible on Wifi, but on bluetooth, I lose the signal!
It’s sound like a cheap speakers sound thiny and the remote doesn’t work as universal only power button and volume the other buttons don’t work on my tv.
I recommend don’t buy the product you will regret.
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
World Wide Stereo is 40 years old and a proud authorized dealer for every brand we sell.
Do I need amplifier or any additional equipment or just the tv?