Theater-Like Sound for Your Desktop
Five-speaker systems are great for home theater—but they’re not so sensible for your laptop or PC entertainment. That’s why Bose developed Companion 5 speakers. They’re designed for 5.1-encoded music, games and movies, using just two desktop speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass module . You’ll hear multichannel sound in a way that seems to surround you—without the clutter of five speakers. And setup is easy, with a single USB connection to your computer.
- Our best computer speakers for 5.1-encoded games, movies and music
- Two small computer speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass module
- Control pod for volume, mute, headphone jack, and auxiliary input
Bose's exclusive TrueSpace surround digital processing circuitry spreads the sound around you, so the enveloping effects seem to come from areas where there aren't even any speakers. The experience is developed especially for computer listening—putting you right in the middle of the music, the game, the special effects.
Easy to Set Up and Use
Hookup requires only a single USB connection from the computer speaker system to your PC or laptop. An all-in-one control pod keeps volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack, and auxiliary input within easy reach. The elegant speakers come mounted on stands for optimum performance and extra desktop space.
Get more from your music. Get more into the game or movie. Whatever your computer entertainment passion, get more engaged with Bose Companion 5 multimedia speakers.
- Specially engineered speaker arrays come fully assembled on stands for optimum performance and more usable desktop space.
- Handy control pod houses volume control, single-touch mute, headphone jack and connection for a second audio source such as an MP3 player.
- Compact Acoustimass module provides clean low frequencies, allowing the desktop speakers to be very small without sacrificing performance. Module can be hidden neatly under your desk.
- Proprietary TrueSpace surround digital processing circuitry reproduces enveloping sound from just two visible speakers. Engineered for computer speaker listening, it creates a dramatic acoustic environment for games, DVDs, and music.
- Single USB connection links the system to your computer. No special software, sound card upgrade, adapters or complicated wiring needed.
- Digital 5.1 audio playback brings music, games, movies and other 5.1-encoded material to life with much of the performance you'd expect from a five-speaker system.
- Magnetically shielded satellite speakers prevent monitor interference or damage to magnetic media.
- Proprietary integrated signal processing delivers lifelike performance at almost any volume level.
- Compression circuitry keeps your music clear and undistorted at high volume levels.
- Active electronic equalization balances low, mid and high frequencies for more natural tone and clarity.
Customer Reviews for Bose Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System (Black)
Customer Q & A
Have a functionality, compatibility, or otherwise product-specific question about this product? Ask it here! If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our customer service department
There is a 3.5mm (standard aux) jack in the control module (the puck shaped device) that would enable you to attach anything via an aux cord. However, system setup and control is designed to be used with a computer.