Bluesound Pulse 2i Overview
Bluesound’s Pulse Soundbar 2i brings a high level of performance to an immersive home-theater experience. A member of the Canadian company’s upgraded Generation 2i ecosystem, the Soundbar 2i adds seamless connections to TV and Blu-ray to a full array of networked and wired options. HDMI with eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) gets the best digital surround feed directly from your video source and offers single-remote convenience with compatible sets. Dual band Wi-Fi, gigabit Ethernet, high quality Bluetooth aptX HD and Apple’s AirPlay 2 stream seamlessly from every portable and networked source, while optical digital and analog inputs connect to all your other equipment. Just add Bluesound’s Pulse Sub and a pair of Pulse Flex 2i’s for a full Dolby Digital surround cinematic – and musical – experience.
- HDMI 2.1 with eARC support
- Optical/analog input, Ethernet, and USB, plus subwoofer output, for system flexibility
- Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD for superior music streaming
- Two-way Bluetooth for wireless headphone listening
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi
- Apple’s AirPlay 2 wireless support (firmware upgrade)
- Six drivers: dual 1” tweeters, 2” midranges and 4” woofers, plus two 4” passive radiators
- Custom cabinet chambers and digital crossover circuitry
- 120 watts of tri-amplified DirectDigital power (20 watts delivered directly to each driver)
- Simplified surround setup with Bluesound speakers and BluOS app (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire)
- 17 or more integrated online services access all major cloud-based jukeboxes
- High-resolution music support includes FLAC, WAV, AIFF, and MQA, with sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Available in black or white matte
- Amazon Alexa voice control via software download
- Dimensions: 42.25" (W) x 5.5" (H) x 2.75" (D)
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
It starts with sound
The 2i features six individual speakers – dual 1” tweeters, 2” midranges and 4” woofers – plus a pair of passive radiators for low-end authority. Each driver is in its own cabinet chamber, and digital crossover circuitry ensures precise frequency reproduction. The DirectDigital amp delivers 120 watts – tri-amplified, so each speaker earns its own 20 watts.
All set for video
The Pulse Soundbar 2i supports the most advanced HDMI audio connections – ARC and eARC – for a pristine multi-channel feed directly from advanced flat-panel sets and Blu-ray players.
Once you’ve got the Pulse Soundbar 2i, the BluOS Controller app (free download for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire), makes setup a snap. And you can configure an entire wireless Dolby Digital surround system simply by clicking and dragging sub and surrounds.
Two-way, top-quality Bluetooth
Bluetooth version 5.0 with aptX HD streams music directly from phones, portables, or tablets at better-than-CD quality and handles the latest generation of lossless files. Two-way Bluetooth means you can also listen privately via the wireless headset of your choice.
As a member of Bluesound’s Gen 2i, the Pulse Soundbar 2i effortlessly handles high-resolution music files via download and stream – up to 24 bit/192kHz sampling rates, in ALAC, AIFF, FLAC and WAV, as well as space-saving “lossy” formats such as as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG.
- Operating system: BluOS
- Supported operating systems: iOS, Android, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, macOS X 7-10
- Supported file formats: Mp3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA
- Native sampling rates: 32 - 192kHz
- Bit depths: 16 - 24
- Music service integrations: 17+
- 3rd-party integrations: AirPlay2 (via software update), Apple Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC)
- Control system integration: Crestron, Control 4, RTI, ELAN, URC, Push, Lutron, iPort
- Voice control integration: Supports Amazon Alexa (via software update)
- Play/pause button: In-app
- Volume control buttons: In-app
- Previous/next track buttons: In-app
- Preset buttons: In-app
- Distortion: THD+N, 0.030%
- Amplification: Digital
- Power output: 120W total system power, 20W per channel
- Speakers: 1" x tweeter x 2; 2" mid-range x 2; 4" woofer x 2; 4" passive radiator x 2
- Frequency response: +/- 1.5dB 70Hz - 20kHz; 3dB down at 55Hz; 10dB down at 25Hz
- Power: Universal bi-pin AC cord input (100 - 240AC)
- Ethernet/LAN: Ethernet RJ45, GigE
- Wi-Fi built-in: 802.11ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- Bluetooth quality: Qualcomm aptX Bluetooth 5.0
- Bluetooth connectivity: Two-way (transmit and receive)
- Optical/analog input: Digital optica; 3.5mm analog Line In; HDMI ARC
- USB In: Type A (Fat32 formatted)
- USB: Type B (mini) for product servicing
- Subwoofer output: Wireless; RCA analog
- Power consumption (Idle/Standby): 11 watts/<0.5 watts
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 42.25" x 5.5" 2.75"
- Weight: 15 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- PULSE SOUNDBAR 2i Wireless Streaming Soundbar
- 120V AC power cord
- 230V AC power cord
- Ethernet cable
- 3.5mm stereo mini plug to RCA cable
- Optical audio cable
- HDMI cable
- Kickstand feet x 2
- Wall mount bracket
- Wall mount bracket template
- Wall mount spacers x 8
- Safety/warranty guide
- Quick setup guide