Bluesound NODE 2i Wireless Music Streamer Overview
Give your home stereo or powered speakers a wireless streaming upgrade with the Bluesound NODE 2i. Dedicated to bringing high-resolution music to every room of your home, Bluesound is rolling out its Generation 2i ecosystem to deliver the finest reproduction in today’s wireless world, at a down-to-earth price. The NODE 2I, which connects easily to existing systems, packs top-quality digital to analog conversion circuitry (DAC), to precisely decode most current high-resolution file formats, including the latest MQA lossless platform. Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX HD provides the cleanest streaming from phones or portables. Dual-band Wi-Fi eliminates congestion and interference. The BluOS operating system is app-easy to handle. And with every major online service, dozens of Internet radio stations and your own home collection available at the touch of a button, the NODE 2i promises access to “all the music ever recorded.” With analog and digital outputs, an analog/optical input and USB, the NODE 2i is your streaming system’s centerpiece.
- Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD designed for better-than-CD streaming
- Two-way Bluetooth for wireless headphone listening
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi
- 17 or more integrated online services access all major cloud jukeboxes
- High-resolution music file support includes FLAC, WAV, AIFF and the latest MQA, with sampling rates up to 192kHz
- Apple’s latest AirPlay 2 wireless support (firmware upgrade)
- Analog/digital inputs and outputs, plus subwoofer output
- Whole-home audio control via BluOS app (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire) or unit control via top-mounted touch buttons
- Amazon Alexa voice control via future skill set
- Dimensions: 8.7" wide x 1.8" high x 5.7" deep
- Weight: 2.45 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The core of the NODE 2i is the fast, powerful 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 chip, which means it responds quickly and seamlessly to each command. Custom compact components allowed Bluesound to redesign the circuit path for minimal noise and interference. And the 24 bit/ 192kHz digital-analog conversion circuits handle today’s most advanced music files effortlessly. And the sound is impeccable: What Hi-Fi, in its 5-star review, lauds its “impressive timing and dynamics (and) superb sense of scale. … This is simply the best sounding product of its type you’ll get your hands on for less than half a grand.”
Two-way, top-quality Bluetooth
The latest Bluetooth protocol – version 5.0, aptX HD – is capable of streaming music directly from phones, portables or tablets at better-than-CD quality, and is designed for faithful reproduction of the latest generation of lossless music files. The NODE 2i adds two-way Bluetooth communication, so you can listen privately via the high-quality wireless headset of your choice or connect wirelessly to BT powered speakers.
High-res horsepower to spare
Yes, Bluesound’s Gen 2i handles the high-resolution lossless files available today via download and streaming – up to 24 bit/192kHz sampling rates, in ALAC, AIFF, FLAC and WAV. And you get full compatibility with lower-quality “lossy” files in MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, and the rest of the alphabet soup. But the NODE 2i adds support for the latest, most flexible set of letters – Master Quality Authenticated, or MQA. With more music studios and equipment makers signing on, MQA is designed for top-quality streaming, it automatically adapts to your equipment, and it packs high resolution in a smaller file size.
“All the music ever recorded”
That’s Bluesound’s bold claim. But consider its capabilities. Tap into your own collection via home network sharing, with NODE 2i’s latest generation dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. AirPlay 2 capability will stream directly from your iTunes and Apple Music library. Connect to dozens of Internet radio stations via TuneIn, iHeart, Calm Radio, Slacker and Radio Paradise. And select songs seamlessly from the top celestial jukeboxes including Tidal, Deezer, Spotify, Amazon, Pandora – even country-specific services such as Qobuz (France) and Tai (China). “All the music ever recorded?” Hard to prove, hard to argue.
Optimized operating system
The BluOS operating system was built for wireless from the bottom up. A free download (iOS and Android), the BluOS Controller app ties together every compatible component in your home, makes set-up a snap, flips effortlessly through all your files and sources, and gives you fingertip control of the whole ecosystem. Individual touch controls are on top of the NODE 2i in case your portable device isn’t in reach. Amazon Alexa voice control is in development. And with AirPlay 2 coming via firmware update, you’ll soon be able to chat with Siri as well.
- Operating system: BluOS
- Supported operating systems: iOS, Android, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, macOS X 7-10
- Supported file formats: Mp3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA
- Native sampling rates: 32 - 192kHz
- Bit depths: 16 - 24
- Music service integrations: 17+
- 3rd-party integrations: AirPlay2 (via software update), Apple Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC)
- Control system integration: Crestron, Control 4, RTI, ELAN, URC, Push, Lutron, iPort
- Voice control integration: Supports Amazon Alexa (via software update)
- Play/pause button: Touch LED
- Volume control buttons: Touch LED
- Previous/next track buttons: Touch LED
- Preset buttons: In-App
- Processor: ARM cortex -A9, 1GHz
- DAC: 32-bit, 192kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: -110dBA
- Distortion: THD+N, 0.005%
- Power: Universal bi-pin AC cord input 100 - 240AC)
- Ethernet/LAN: Ethernet RJ45, GigE
- Wi-Fi built-in: 802.11ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth: Built-in
- Bluetooth quality: Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0
- Bluetooth connectivity: Two-way (transmit & receive)
- IR optical built-in: IR sensor built-in - front panel
- IR input: 3.5mm jack
- Optical/analog input: Combo - Toslink/3.5mm
- USB In: Type A (Fat32 formatted)
- USB: Type B (mini) for product servicing
- Audio output: Analog RCA stereo with FIXED option
- Coaxial output: RCA
- Optical output: Toslink digital optical
- Trigger out: 12 volt
- Headphone output: 3.5mm stereo
- Subwoofer output: RCA
- Power consumption (Idle/Standby): 4 watts/<0.5 watts
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.7" x 1.8" x 5.7"
- Weight: 2.45 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Node 2i Wireless Music Streamer
- 120V AC power cord
- 230V AC power cord
- Ethernet cable
- Stereo RCA to RCA cable
- 3.5mm stereo mini plug to RCA cable
- Toslink optical to 3.5mm mini adapter
- Safety/warranty guide
- Quick setup guide
Customer Reviews for Bluesound NODE 2i Wireless Music Streamer
2 months ago
4 months ago
I have enjoyed it greatly but recently its been having connectivity issues.
Time for a new one ,
This node 2i is in a whole different class.
Very versatile, outstanding sound quality and built very solid.
At the moment im just running it straight into a set of powered monitors and it sounds wonderful, although i will be getting a quality integrated amp soon, to fully appreciate the MQA files from tidal. Hard wired in with Ethernet cable to avoid any wireless issues.
It works great
6 months ago
7 months ago
7 months ago
7 months ago
1 year ago
Their customer service also provides quick and detail responses to questions that may arise.
I had trouble getting a strong connection to my WiFi and Jon screen shared with me and fixed the problem in a matter of seconds.
All the reviews say the player has excellent sound and I agree to a point. Thus the 4 star rating. It has good sound for a $500 player. I personally have a more discriminating ear but to most the sound should satisfy.
The Bluesound Node2i is an excellent starter network player and for some might be the only one they’ll ever need.
1 year ago