Bluesound Node 2 Wireless Streaming Music Player
The NODE 2 player brings the BluOS operating system to your existing stereo system, allowing you to tap into a totally new world of digital music discovery. Online streaming services, internet radio and even your own digital music library which is imprisoned on a computer, smartphone or external drive (even a USB key) — the playback choices become infinite.
Bluesound Node 2 Music Player Highlights:
- Stream your digital music to any existing stereo system
- Connect to and access internet radio stations and cloud music services
- Control music wirelessly with an intuitive Controller App for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows & Mac OS X desktops
- Sync music with multiple Bluesound Players all over the home
- Simple setup, easily expandable
Bluesound Node 2 Music Player Features:
Stream music to any stereo you want.
- Connect the NODE 2 easily to any existing stereo or home theater system to unlock and discover a world full of music streaming services and internet radio stations. Filled with a full array of analog and digital input/output/, the NODE 2 connects your gear to all the music ever recorded. Online streaming services, internet radio and even your own digital music library imprisoned on a computer, smartphone or external drive – the playback choices become infinite.
Made for more than mp3.
- Of course Bluesound is compatible with MP3s – and just about every other digital format ever created – but Bluesound was purpose-built for high-res audio. While other companies put a premium on style, Bluesound has spared no expense on the integration of advanced, innovative audio technologies that deliver blazingly fast error-free playback in maximum studio-master recording quality, resulting in absolutely unbeatable performance.
The future of music is fast.
- Using industry-leading 1GHz ARM Cortex-9 Multi-core processors, you’d think Bluesound was engineered for something more than just audio. Bluesound’s 32-bit architecture combined with 8x oversampling, paired with our own innovative HybridDigital Amp and DAC platforms, ensures that your lossless high-res music playback is flawless, with precision, power and clarity – at any volume.
All the music ever recorded.
- Discover instant access to millions of songs. Premium high-res music services like TIDAL, Spotify, Rdio and Qobuz – as well as virtually all other popular music services and internet radio stations are already built-in. Access your downloads and your entire iTunes library – or any other USB NAS drive connected – all without ever turning on a computer. Imagine – Your Music. Your way.
HiFi your WiFi.
- NODE 2 uses your home wireless network, and sets up quickly. With an advanced WiFi antenna design and blazing-fast ARM Cortex A9 Processors, Bluesound ensures that there are no skips or delays in every corner of your home – even when streaming high-res audio files. Play your music in perfect sync, or play different music simultaneously, to any player in any room.
Bluesound Node 2 Music Player Specifications:
- Supported File Formats: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF
- Native Sampling Rates: 32 - 192 kHz
- Bit Depths: 16 - 24
- Performance: SNR - 110dBA, Distortion, THD+N - 0.005%
- DAC: 32-Bit, 192kHz
- Supported Operating Systems: Plays music from network shares on the following desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8, Apple Macintosh
- Free Internet Radio: TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio
- Supported Cloud Services: WiMP, Rdio, Slacker Radio, Qobuz, HighResAudio, JUKE, Deezer, Murfie, HDTracks, Spotify, TIDAL.
- Album Art: JPG
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Type-A port for connection to USB memory sticks and supported peripherals (FAT32 Formatted)
- Type-B (mini) for product servicing
- Audio Input: Combo - TOSLINK / 3.5mm
- Audio Output:
- Analog RCA Stereo with FIXED option
- Coaxial RCA
- TOSLINK digital optical
- Headphone 3.5mm Stereo
- Subwoofer RCA
- Power: Universal bi-pin AC Cord input (100 - 240AC)
- Wireless: aptX Bluetooth wireless built-in
- Mobile: Free Android and iOS App Available Online at Google Play and Apple App Store
- Pushbuttons: Simple top-panel touch controls.
- Control: IR Sensor built in - Front panel
- Processor: ARM CORTEX A9, 1 GHz
- Unit Weight: 1.12 kg / 2.45 lbs
- Gross Dimensions:
- 220 x 46 x 146 mm
- 8.7 x 1.8 x 5.7 in
- Power Consumption (Idle): 6 Watts
- Storage Environment: -10° C to 50° C, 20% to 80% relative humidity
- Operating Environment: 0° C to 40° C
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- 2x AC power cords (Europe & North America)
- Ethernet Cable
- Stereo RCA to RCA Cable
- Toslink Optical to 3.5mm Mini Adaptor
I've been a Squeezebox Touch user for years. It was showing its age without any updates and becoming of limited use for my needs. The Node 2 does everything I wanted. The only thing I miss from the Touch is the display/touch screen. If there was a Node 3 with this feature, I would buy it. This Node 2, I use mostly for listening to talk radio and limited music playback. I plan to buy another Node 2 for a different part of the house that will be used solely for music. This one I use in my bedroom connected to a pair of Audio Engine powered speakers. The Node 2 allows me to listen to my favorite radio stations that are part of iHeart Radio. The Sqeezebox Touch wouldn't work with iHeart radio. The sleep timer function allows me to fall asleep listening to them. The Windows app allows me to control the selections through my computer quite well. The optical input allows the Toslink connection from my computer. I play podcasts from the computer via the Pocket Casts app from Windows. It has a large selection of streaming services. I am very pleased with my purchase of this very well thought out device. I searched through many other devices and none of them had all the features I was looking for like the Node 2.