Beyerdynamic improved upon their T 5 p Tesla Audiophile Over-Ear Headphones by taking their previously-used Tesla technology and optimizing its supporting audio factors. Replacing the lambskin leather from the first generation is a smoother, genuine leather, which cuts down on heat production and reduces sweating. Other cushioned parts are made from memory foam, which promotes comfort for long listening while still producing a crystal-clear sound fit for high-resolution audio fans.
Beyerdynamic Tesla T 5 p Headphones Features:
- Upgraded design to maximize comfort in a high-quality listening session
- Accurate bass response and high/low frequency production for a balanced sound
- Passive noise cancellation keeps your ears tuned to your tunes
- Cable made with non-tangle materials to help ensure consistent quality
The second generation T 5 p unites mobility and audiophile sound quality on a whole new level. Like its predecessor, the T 5 p combines the latest Tesla technology with the advantages of a closed design. The electrical resistance of 32 ohms makes the T 5 p the ideal partner for portable audio devices. Thanks to the Tesla technology, the low-impedance sound transducers unleash the full audio potential of even inefficient smartphones, tablets and high-resolution players. The short, textile-covered cable is dual-sided and is also designed for use on mobile devices.
Like the previous model, the 2nd generation of the T 5 p was handmade with meticulous workmanship in Germany. Top-quality materials and sophisticated technology were brought together in a series of practiced movements with a love of detail. That’s why they continue to offer a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty for their closed high-end Tesla-series model.
Beyerdynamic T 5 p Tesla On-Ear Headphones Features:
New Sound Tuning
- At the heart of the T 5 p is its ground-breaking Tesla technology, which delivers maximum efficiency and crystal-clear sound. The optimized systems feature a warm sound quality and precise bass reproduction. The result is an even more solid sound and a balanced, first-class listening experience.
- They have optimized the geometry of the baffle design from the foundations up. A stable high-tech compound material reduces unwanted vibrations and provides exceptional harmonic sound reproduction with silky treble frequencies. The tilted systems deliver an extremely spacious sound with a wide soundstage and a transparency usually reserved only for open systems.
Closed But Still Spacious
- Thanks to its closed design, the T 5 p reliably prevents unwanted noise from penetrating inwards or escaping outwards. That is a real benefit to the wearer if he or she is listening to music on the sofa while some else is watching television. Likewise, listening to loud music won't disrupt people around you who might want to read a book in peace.
- Usually, closed headphone designs restrict the spaciousness of the audio reproduction. That's not the case with the T 5 p: Tilted sound transducers positioned on the casing shell on the wearer's ear deliver an extremely spacious sound with a wide soundstage – and a transparency usually associated with open systems.
- The dual-sided connection cable (1.4 m) on the new T 5 p has a pleasant textile coating, and audiophile music fans will love its conductors made of OCC (Ohno continuous casting) 7N copper. This conductor material is known for its outstanding transmission quality and is considered the gold standard in the high-end sector. The cable’s additional electrical shielding reliably suppresses electromagnetic interference. A longer cable is also available if required.
- For balanced use, the supplied connection cable can be replaced with an optional connection cable with a similar design but a greater length and a 4-pin XLR connector on the amplifier side.
High Quality Materials – Elegant Design
- The high quality material workmanship ensures one-of-a-kind comfort even after hours of wear. The silky-smooth surfaces on the ear cups and the memory foam material used in their interior provide a perfect fit and maximum comfort. The protein-coated surfaces on the ear cups and headband fit like a second skin and keep their comfortable grip and stylish look even after years of wear.
- The black, fabric-covered hard-shell carrying case allows secure, compact storage. Compared to the aluminum box for the previous T 5 p, this case offers a light, contemporary design, which makes it ideal for presenting the headphones.
Beyerdynamic T 5 p Tesla On-Ear Headphones Specifications:
- Transmission type: Wired
- Headphone design (operating principle): Closed
- Headphone impedance: 32 ohms
- Headphone frequency response: 5 - 50,000 Hz
- Nominal sound pressure level: 102 dB
- Remote : Without Remote
- Construction: Circumaural (around the ear)
- Cable & plug: 1.40 straight cable (double-sided), OCC 7N copper, textile braided, 3.5 mm jack plug with 6.35 mm jack adapter
- Net weight without packaging: 350 g