Audiotechinca AT-LP5 Turntable Overview
With the Audiotechinca AT-LP5 Turntable, you can create the ideal custom sound system that incorporates the warm, crisp sound of vintage vinyl. Its sleek, contemporary styling combined with inspiration from classic turntables from the 1960s and '70s gives the record player a timeless look sure to impress newer vinyl collectors and seasoned audiophiles alike. The fully-manual drive allows you to place the needle anywhere on the record by hand, offering you ultimate control over vinyl playback. As well, the two-speed motor is compatible with 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records, so you can listen to your favorite LPs and singles in one convenient place. The built-in preamp boosts the signal from the record needle, allowing you to connect this turntable to virtually any amplifier and speaker system, so you can create a powerful custom Hi-Fi system tailored to your specific needs. The J-shaped tonearm and AT95Ex Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge offer optimal playback, ensuring the highest quality audio signal possible.
- Fully-manual playback functions with direct-drive, high-torque motor
- Compatible with 33 1/3 and 45 RPM records
- Includes AT-HS10 Headshell and AT95Ex Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge with replaceable stylus
- USB output allows you to connect record player to compute and record digital copies of records
- Built-in switchable phono/line preamp and attached dual RCA output allows you to connect this turntable to any amplifier
- J-shaped tonearm inspired by classic A-T models of the 1960s and 1970s minimizes tracking errors for a smooth glide though record grooves
- Switchable pre-amp modes for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- Includes 45 RPM center adapter and removable hinged plastic dust cover
- Dimensions: 17.2" W x 6.1" H x 13.86" D
- Weight: 23.1 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Modern Features, Vintage Design
Styled after classic record players from the 1960s and '70s, the Audiotechinca AT-LP5 Turntable offers a nostalgic, timeless look with the convenience of contemporary audio features. The classic aesthetics are sure to reignite your love of vinyl, while the enhanced audio quality ensures each record sounds exactly as it was intended to sound when originally recorded. Not only does this record player include a multitude of modern features, but it is designed to be compatible with virtually all Hi-Fi audio systems, so you can even enjoy the warm crackle of vinyl through your sophisticated surround sound system.
Built-in Preamp with Phono Input
For convenience and outstanding audio compatibility, this turntable features a built-in preamp. The preamp is able to enhance the quality of the audio signal as it passes from the record needle to the amplifier. It boosts the signal into something that can be read by the amplifier, so you can increase the volume without the signal being compromised by unwanted noise and distortion. Not only does this improve the quality of the signal, but it allows you to connect your turntable to virtually any speaker system, so you can create a custom sound system designed specifically for the warmth and depth of vinyl music.
Modern Mechanics for Enhanced Sound
With a fully-manual operation design and a direct-dive, high-torque motor, this record player allows you to place the needle wherever you want it. Not only does this let you listen to individual songs on an album, but it offers added flexibility with playback. The AT95Ex Dual moving Magnet stereo cartridge features a replaceable stylus that offers consistent playback with exceptional depth and clarity, so each record sounds exactly as it should. As well, the J-shaped tonearm is designed to minimize tracking errors for a smooth glide through the record grooves, preventing skipping, bouncing, and other errors caused by dust and debris.
Cutting-Edge Audio Technology
This turntable blends modern electronics with timeless vinyl design to create a hybrid record player ideal for modern music lovers. With a USB output and Audacity recording software, you can connect this record player to your computer and record audio playback from your vinyl records. Not only can you back-up digital copies of your files in case your physical records are damaged, but you can listen to these digital files through your smart phone or other device for on-the-go convenience. The dual RCA stereo cable allows you to plug the turntable into stereo speakers, so you can create true surround sound to complement the warm crack of the vinyl.
Simple Look, Vintage Aesthetics
An ode to vintage turntables, this record player is modeled after turntables from the 1960s and '70s, which gives it a time-tested look that is sure to become the focal point of your media room. The hinged dust cover is square for a classic look, while the simple, streamlined aesthetic makes this turntable easy-to-use and visually-pleasing. Add a custom speaker setup and a collection of records and you're ready to enjoy music at its best.
- Type: 2-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: DC motor
- Speeds: 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Turntable platter: Die-cast aluminum
- Starting torque: >1.6kgf.cm
- Braking system: Electronic brake
- Wow and flutter: Less than 0.2% WRMS (33 RPM)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >50dB (DIN-B)
- Output level
- Pre-amp Phono: 3.5mV nominal at 1kHz, 5cm/sec
- Pre-amp Line: 150mV nominal at 1kHz, 5cm/sec
- Phono pre-amp gain: 36dB nominal, RIAA equalized
- USB function: A/D, D/A - 16 bit 44.1kHz or 48kHz USB selectable; computer interface - USB 2.0 compliant Windows XP, Vista, or Mac OS X
- Power supply requirements: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 11W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.2" x 13.86" x 6.1"
- Weight: 23.1 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AT-LP5 Direct-Drive Turntable
- Dual moving magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus
- Lightweight headshell
- Power cord
- Dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable
- 45 RPM adapter
- USB cable
- Recording software
- Cartridge alignment and overhang adjustment template
- Dust cover with mounting hardware
Customer Reviews for AudioTechnica AT-LP5 Direct-Drive Turntable (Black)
I will say, if this is your first turntable, it does take some time and knowledge to get it set up, so understand that before you buy. Don't be mad at AT just because you can't read the features. If you are a seasoned vinyl enthusiast looking for uncompromising sound quality, I can't say whether or not this is the turntable for you. But if you are the average to intermediate listener, especially a younger listener, wanting to upgrade or make a first purchase that will last and not leave any gaps in performance, LOOK NO FURTHER than the LP-5 as it is an absolute killer at this price range. I notice NO low-frequency distortion that the belt drive snobs complain about so much. From classical, to country, to rap, to rock, to death metal, the table keeps up with every detail and delivers sweet sound at all frequency ranges. Dynamics are carefully reproduced, from the slightest movement to the loudest crescendo. No dang belts to replace, no removing the platter to change speeds... this thing is a dream to operate and listen to. Simplistic controls mean less to wear out over time. Dampened tonearm lift is very gentle, and the thing tracks like a beast; plays cleanly on records that skipped with my old table.
I may not be accustomed to listening on $10,000 hi-fi stereo setups but I do work at a pro audio store and listen to club-quality speakers all day, and this turntable delivers the whole picture with an astoundingly low noise floor and spot-on pitch stability. I gave 4 stars for reliability simply because Ive only owned it for about a week, however it appears to be built like a tank.
Good job Audio-Technica.
However, ON-OFF button is well hidden and somehow difficult to reach (a review said that if you keep it ON, il will take about 3-4 W of electricity, even on STOP position). And, most of all, it has not an automatic shut-off at the end of the disc, which is very annoying.
But it is a very good turntable for the money and most probably for most ot the ears!
Quality built, nice features, direct AC cable (no external power supply), HS-10 headshell and decent cartridge. Too pity that "Made in China" lowers its good image.