It's never been easier to convert a wired system into one worthy of joining the digital age with the Audioengine W3 Premium Wireless Audio Adapter Kit. This easy-to-use solution helps turn a fully-wired stereo system into a wireless one, where you can stream your favorite tracks from your USB-compatible device. By plugging in the "Sender" end to your laptop or PC, and the "Receiver" end into any 3.5mm or RCA output, and you'll be listening to your digital playlist in no time!
Audioengine W3 Adapter Features:
- Plug-and-play setup, so you can start streaming in a flash!
- Transmit your digital audio to up to 3 receivers simultaneously
- Connect it to any USB-compatible device, like Macs and PCs
- Perfect for any type of component from any manufacturer, from subs to floorstanders
Audioengine W3 Premium Wireless Audio Adapter - Play all your music wirelessly from your computer or any audio device to powered speakers, stereo receiver, or powered subwoofer. W3 provides CD-quality stereo sound with the ability to broadcast to multiple Receivers with no reduction in audio quality.
Using the W3 Wireless Audio Adapter couldn't be easier. Audioengine often calls it the Swiss Army knife of wireless solutions as there are so many different applications! The W3 is plug and play, inexpensive, has excellent range, isn't dependent on a home network, and having both an analog and digital input will stream audio from just about any source (think turntable, computer, AV receiver) to any speaker component with RCA or mini-jack inputs, not just Audioengine speakers (like a subwoofer)!
Audioengine W3 Adapter Features:
- The Audioengine W3 is designed to connect your audio components wirelessly. The W3 handles USB audio up to 16 bits/48KHz with no compression, as well as analog audio via a 3.5mm minijack. Think of the W3 as a wireless 16-bit USB DAC as well as a wireless audio link.
- The W3 consists of 2 parts, the "Sender" and "Receiver". The Sender transmits audio from your computer through USB audio or from any product with 3.5mm mini-jack or RCA audio outputs. The other side of W3, the Receiver, connects audio to any product with mini-jack or RCA audio connectors.
- Power for the Sender and Receiver is provided from either a USB computer port, from the included USB AC power adapter, or from any other USB AC charger (such as an iPod charger, for example). Another USB power source is the Audioengine A5+ powered speakers, which are equipped with a USB charger on rear of the left speaker.
Differences between W3 and W1
- The main difference between W3 and the now-retired W1 is that while the W1 can only "hop" between multiple receivers, the W3 can transmit to up to 3 receivers simultaneously. In addition, the W3 provides greater resistance to interference from other Wi-Fi devices.
Unwire your music
- Hear all your music - no dropouts, static, or noise. Some pretty clever engineering means your music remains free from interference from wireless routers, cordless and mobile phones, microwave ovens, Bluetooth and WiFi devices. Wireless that works.
Easy Setup and Simple Operation
- Bypass your computer's sound card or headphone jack and send wireless audio to any music system. W3 transmits all music file formats from any computer media player and can simultaneously transmit audio to up to 3 wireless receivers. The 100ft (30m) typical range, low latency, built-in DAC, and resistance to interference and dropouts makes W3 the best-sounding 16-bit wireless system available.
Hear the Difference
- The Audioengine W3 sets a new level of quality and ease-of-use for wireless audio. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
Advantages of wireless
- The W3 wireless system transmits bit-perfect PCM-stereo simultaneously to up to 3 receivers. Because the USB controller in the Sender and the DAC in the Receiver are segregated by the wireless subsystem, various anomalies which plague many wired DACs such as jitter, grounding, and induced cable noise are greatly reduced. In addition, the W3 allows the user to physically isolate a potentially noisy computer from the sensitive audio components in your system.
- The W3 utilizes the TI CC8520 PurePath USB wireless system-on-a-chip solutions, TI's newest offering to the wireless audio arena. The Sender can be powered directly from the USB bus or from the included external power adapter.
- The W3 Receiver utilizes the CS4344 DAC, a solid, well regarded industry mainstay. Due to the CS4344's's high signal-to-noise specs, the W3 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics.
- Send wireless audio to up to 3 rooms or zones
- Easy setup, connects in seconds
- Works with Mac or PC (or without a computer)
- Plug-n-play, no software to download or install
- Super-compact size, no batteries required
Audioengine W3 Adapter Specifications:
- DAC type: Dual mode USB and analog (via CS5343 ADC) wireless DAC
- Inputs: USB audio, mini-jack analog
- Outputs: Analog mini-jack
- DAC: CS4344
- ADC: CS5343
- Full scale output: 0Vrms
- Output impedance: 470 ohms
- Power source: Sender: USB from computer or adapter; Receiver: USB power adapter
- Power requirements: Sender: 180mA, 5V; Receiver: 150mA, 5V
- SNR: 95dB
- THD+N: 01%
- Crosstalk: -65dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz, +/- .2dB
- Input bit depth: up to 16 bits native
- Input sample rate: up to 48KHz native
- USB device class: type 1.1 or above
- Wireless range: >100ft
- Latency: <20ms
- Receivers supported: up to 3
- Product dimensions: 100x30x10mm (LxWxH)
- Shipping weight: 1 lb
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F
- Non-operating Temp: -4 to 113 degrees F
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
Audioengine W3 Adapter Compatibility:
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
- Flat panel TVs with an analog output
- iPods and all other music players
- Internet radio and network music systems
- DVD/CD players
- Video game consoles
- Digital radio and satellite receivers
- Subwoofers and surround sound receivers
- All other products with 1/8" inch-jack or RCA connectors!
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- Wireless Audio Sender
- Wireless Audio Receiver
- USB AC power adapter
- RCA adapter "Y" cable
- 2 Mini-jack (3.5mm) audio cables (20")
- Setup Guide