Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers Overview
Get ready to grow your surround system with some powerful sound. The Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers deliver room-filling audio in an elegant presentation. These are audiophile bookshelf speakers that will fill any gaps in your home theater or stereo system with Audioengine’s signature sound. Available in three neutral and contemporary colors, the custom-finished cabinets will blend with your décor as hand-built design accents. Inside the cabinet, you’ll recognize rigorous attention to detail in the refined silk dome tweeters, Kevlar woofers and high-transmitting, gold-plated binding posts and magnetic shielding to protect your other electronics. While extending your audio, these speakers will integrate as passive add-ons with your surround receiver or amplifier and, if you have Audioengine equipment, right into your existing soundscape for audio quality that stands up to any standard.
- Frequency response: 58 Hz to 22 kHz
- Impedance: 4 Ohms nominal
- 4" 2-way passive, front-ported design
- Hand-built, custom finished cabinets finished in Satin Black, Hi-Gloss White or Bamboo
- Compact and versatile speaker size without sacrificing sound quality
- Stand, wall mount, or speaker shelf placement
- Sensitivity: 88 dB (2.83v at 1m)
- Inputs: Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts offer excellent signal transmission
- Strong 4" Kevlar woofers provide legendary durability and high-quality 3/4" silk dome tweeters deliver smooth response
- Magnetically shielded to protect your electronics from the speaker’s magnetic field
- Thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing minimize unwanted resonances and distortion
- Product dimensions: 9" H x 5.5" W x 6.5" D
- Product weight (each): 6 lbs.
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Round Out the Surround to Boost Your Home Audio
These bookshelf speakers combine high-end sound with affordability for a satisfying satellite addition to your existing surround system. Performance-ready for music, movies, sports or other favorite audio adventures, they will play nice with almost any receiver or amplifier with output impedances of 4, 6 or 8 ohms. Sound integration is complete because all speakers built by Audioengine are similarly voiced and share overall tuning, allowing you to build a fully matched system.
Full Sound in Small but Powerful Bookshelf Speakers
P4 speakers are highly system compatible, easily combining with stereo and surround receivers, integrated amplifiers, tube amplifiers and digital hybrid amplifiers. You can also hook up your bookshelf speakers with music systems such as Sonos for a full-house audio experience.
The fine materials used to build these speakers come together to create a whole that is more than the component parts. The Kevlar woofers, so strong that grill covers are not needed, are composed of woven glass aramid composite for resilience that will not distort or stretch out of shape. The silk dome tweeters with Neodymium magnets cope with your high-power sound and charm your ears with lifelike tones. You can place the speakers anywhere, even beside your monitor, because the drivers are magnetically shielded.
Handling all this heat is the high-resin MDF cabinet with front-port slots and rounded edges to reduce high-frequency diffraction effects. Inside, the cabinet has sound-damping and internal bracing to absorb unwanted resonance and distortion. Your speakers sound great from the get-go but will please you even more after 30 to 50 hours of break-in time.
Beautiful Both Inside and Out
The striking appearance of these high-end bookshelf speakers helps keep your space looking styled and uncluttered. The shape is sleek and distinctly rounded for a signature look that you can embellish with one of three versatile finishes, Satin Black, Hi-Gloss White or Bamboo.
At just nine inches high, they are unobtrusive and can be placed for maximum sound value wherever they work best, such as a bookshelf or speaker stand. You can also wall-mount them with built-in threaded inserts for standard bracketing systems positioned on the back and bottom of the cabinet.
Quality Manufactured in America
Audioengine is a quality American manufacturer based in Austin, Texas. Known for affordable quality, Audioengine designs and builds their own critical components, including their tweeters and woofers. The builds they do send out are custom-manufactured by trusted suppliers to exacting specifications. The final product is hand-built and custom-finished with all components carefully assembled for each model.
When You Open the Box
Break open the box to find your P4 bookshelf speakers nestled with high-density foam isolation pads, two drawstring cloth speaker bags and a guide for nearly instantaneous setup that gets your music going as soon as possible.
Setting up your soundstage involves the right balance, about six feet apart and equidistant from side walls with staggered positioning from the back wall. Try to keep the tweeters at eye-level and, if you need to place a speaker on its side, ensure the tweeters face outside. Keep the bass port slots clear to attain the best bass response and full sound you’ve been waiting to hear.
Audioengine P4 Bookshelf Speakers Specifications:
- Type: 2-way passive, front ported design
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83v@1m)
- Frequency response: 58Hz-22kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 8 kHz
- Amplifier Power: 10-125W per channel
- Drivers: 4" Kevlar woofers , 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Enclosure: 5mm thick MDF cabinets
- Inputs: Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Magnetically Shielded
- Weight (each): 75 kg (6 lbs)
- Total shipping weight: 25 kg (16 lbs)
- Dimensions (each): 228 (H) x 140 (W) x 165 mm (D) (9 x 5.5 x 6.5")
- Shipping box dims: 330 (H) x 460 (W) x 228 mm (D) (13 x 18 x 9")
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- (2) P4 Passive Speakers
- (2) Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
- (2) High-density foam isolation pads (attached)
- Setup Guide