Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers
The Audioengine P4 (AP4) is a high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as their powered speakers. Experience the signature Audioengine sound and quality but without their built-in amplifiers. Beautiful, small, and affordable, AP4 is the perfect choice for your living room, bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
Audioengine P4 Bookshelf Speakers Highlights:
- 4" 2-way passive, front ported design
- Hand-built and custom finished cabinets
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- Silk dome tweeters and Kevlar woofers
- Excellent performance for music and movies
- Wall mount, stand or shelf placement
Audioengine P4 Bookshelf Speakers Features:
Why passive speakers?
- The AP4 passive speakers are full-sounding bookshelf speakers in a satellite-sized package. The goal with AP4 was to design a small but powerful bookshelf speaker for people that already have surround receivers or amplifiers and are looking for the same Audioengine sound and quality in a passive loudspeaker.
Already have an amplifier?
- "If you already have an power amp or don't want to give up that big surround receiver then the AP4 is for you. The AP4 has excellent bass response for its size, which is evident when used either as stereo speakers or as satellite surround speakers in your home theater setup. AP4 sounds great sitting on stands, on a bookshelf, or mounted on a wall using the integrated threaded inserts which are compatible with most wall or ceiling mount bracket systems."
Part of the Family
- Audioengine active and passive speaker models share a similar "voicing" and overall tuning so that you are assured a matched system no matter which of their speakers or Audioengine wireless adapters you decide to add to your system.
- The AP4 passive speakers are perfect for digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.) as well as most stereo receivers, integrated amps, and tube amplifiers. The AP4 has a 4 ohm impedance rating but will sound great when connected to almost any receiver or power amp with 4, 6 or 8 ohm speaker output impedance.
Hear the Difference
- The Audioengine P4 sets a new level of quality and easy setup. Mount a pair on a wall or stand as surround speakers in a home theater system or place them on a shelf or table for a compact stereo setup. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
Wall or Ceiling Mount
- The P4 speakers include two standard 1/4" threaded inserts on the rear panel and another insert on the bottom of each P4 cabinet for attaching a speaker mount or bracket. They recommend using products by companies such as OmniMount or Sanus. Before installing mounts or brackets make sure you consult all documentation and carefully follow the installation instructions.
- Audioengine designs and manufactures their own tweeters, woofers, and many other critical components. In other words, these are not "box built" speakers with off-the-shelf parts but entirely custom-designed to their specifications. What they do not fabricate directly in their factory they have custom-made to their designs. The cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each model.
- Audioengine uses audiophile quality, ferro fluid cooled, silk dome tweeters with Neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high poweand the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The speaker materials and construction are robust enough to stand up to some serious thrashing, so speaker grills aren’t needed. In other words, they did their homework on the speaker drivers and they will sound and look great after many years of use.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. All cabinet edges are rounded which look great and reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The P4 cabinet contains tuned, front-port slots.
- Both drivers are directly magnetically shielded which allow you to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard drive-based digital music players.
- Digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.)
- Stereo and surround sound receivers, integrated amps, tube amplifiers
- Whole-house music systems such as the Sonos ZonePlayer 120
Audioengine P4 Bookshelf Speakers Specifications:
- Type: 2-way passive, front ported design
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83v@1m)
- Frequency response: 58Hz-22kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 8 kHz
- Amplifier Power: 10-125W per channel
- Drivers: 4" Kevlar woofers , 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Enclosure: 5mm thick MDF cabinets
- Inputs: Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Magnetically Shielded
- Weight (each): 75 kg (6 lbs)
- Total shipping weight: 25 kg (16 lbs)
- Dimensions (each): 228 (H) x 140 (W) x 165 mm (D) (9 x 5.5 x 6.5")
- Shipping box dims: 330 (H) x 460 (W) x 228 mm (D) (13 x 18 x 9")
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- (2) P4 Passive Speakers
- (2) Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
- (2) High-density foam isolation pads (attached)
- Setup Guide