This Audioengine Desktop Audio Speaker System includes:
- Pair of P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers
- N22 Premium Desktop Audio Amplifier
P4 Passive Bookshelf Speakers
The Audioengine P4 (AP4) is a high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as our powered speakers. Experience the signature Audioengine sound and quality but without our built-in amplifiers. Beautiful, small, and affordable, AP4 is the perfect choice for your living room, bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
P4 passive speakers are perfect for digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.) as well as most stereo receivers, integrated amps, and tube amplifiers. The P4 has a 4 ohm impedance rating but will sound great when connected to almost any receiver or power amp with 4, 6 or 8 ohm speaker output impedance.P4 sets a new level of quality and easy setup. Mount a pair on a wall or stand as surround speakers in a home theater system or place them on a shelf or table for a compact stereo setup. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
- Type: 2-way passive, front ported design
- Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83v@1m)
- Frequency response: 58Hz-22kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Crossover Frequency: 8 kHz
- Amplifier Power: 10-125W per channel
- Drivers: 4" Kevlar woofers , 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Enclosure: 5mm thick MDF cabinets
- Inputs: Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Magnetically Shielded
- Weight (each): 75 kg (6 lbs)
- Total shipping weight: 25 kg (16 lbs)
- Dimensions (each): 228 (H) x 140 (W) x 165 mm (D) (9 x 5.5 x 6.5")
- Shipping box dims: 330 (H) x 460 (W) x 228 mm (D) (13 x 18 x 9")
Wall or Ceiling Mount
- The P4 speakers include two standard 1/4" threaded inserts on the rear panel and another insert on the bottom of each P4 cabinet for attaching a speaker mount or bracket. They recommend using products by companies such as OmniMount or Sanus. Before installing mounts or brackets make sure you consult all documentation and carefully follow the installation instructions.
- Audioengine designs and manufactures their own tweeters, woofers, and many other critical components. In other words, these are not "box built" speakers with off-the-shelf parts but entirely custom-designed to their specifications. What they do not fabricate directly in their factory they have custom-made to their designs. The cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each model.
- Audioengine uses audiophile quality, ferro fluid cooled, silk dome tweeters with Neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high poweand the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The speaker materials and construction are robust enough to stand up to some serious thrashing, so speaker grills aren’t needed. In other words, they did their homework on the speaker drivers and they will sound and look great after many years of use.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. All cabinet edges are rounded which look great and reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The P4 cabinet contains tuned, front-port slots.
- Both drivers are directly magnetically shielded which allow you to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard drive-based digital music players.
N22 Audio Amplifier
The N22 is a compact integrated stereo power amplifier and high-quality headphone amp. Connect your iPod, computer, and speakers or headphones for a great-sounding personal stereo system.
Connect your iPod, computer, and speakers or headphones for a compact and great-sounding personal stereo system. You can even connect a subwoofer to the variable line out and charge your iPod or smartphone through the USB power port. Two audio inputs are standard - RCA and mini-jack connectors - so you can plug in your computer, iPod or stereo directly.
The Audioengine N22 Premium Desktop Audio Amplifier sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality and even further closes the gap between computer and home audio. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
N22 Amplifier Specifications:
- Type: Compact Integrated Stereo Amplifier
- Power output: 22W RMS / 40W peak per channel (AES)
- Amplifier type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Input voltages: 110-240V, 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Inputs: RCA and 1/8" (3.5mm) mini-jack
- Outputs: RCA variable preamp
- Speaker outputs: 5-way binding posts
- SNR: >95dB A-weighted
- THD+N: <0.02% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: -50dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-22kHz ±1dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 410mV (@max volume)
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Headphone amplifier: Burr-Brown/TI OPA2134
- Dimensions: 7"(H) x 2.75"(W) x 5.5"(D)
- Weight: 55 lbs (1.6kg)
- Shipping weight: 0 lbs (4.6kg)
- Shipping box dims: 5"(H) x 7.5"(W) x 9.5"(D)
- The vertical design of the N22 with its integrated stand allows the 22 watt/per channel stereo class A/B amplifiers to run cool through passive convection without a fan or massive heatsink. The N22 fits easily on your desk and doesn't take up much space.
Discrete headphone amplifier
- For headphone enthusiasts the N22 includes a high-performance, low-noise discrete amplifier which works well with all types of headphones and earphones.
- The Audioengine N22 has a built-in power port for iPod charging while listening to your music. The USB connector allows you to charge and power your iPod, iPhone, Audioengine wireless adapters or any other USB powered product. USB is for power only, not USB audio or data transfer.
Variable line out
- The N22 includes a variable preamp output so you can connect a subwoofer, external amplifier, or Audioengine wireless adapter and control the volume of the line-out from the front panel.
- Both audio inputs on the N22 are active so two audio sources may be connected to the amplifier at the same time without the need for an input switch. A standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
Wireless rear speakers
- Use the N22 amp, Audioengine P4 passive speakers, and our W3 wireless adapter for a low-cost but great-sounding wireless rear channel setup for your home theater.