Audioengine HD3 Wireless Speaker System Overview
Fill a room with high-quality sound with the small but powerful Audioengine HD3 Wireless Speaker System. These desktop speakers set the standard for high value, compact audio systems and are designed with the modern listener in mind. Compact in size but with enough inputs to connect with any music source, the speakers allow you listen to your favorite music from any device. They feature the best components from Audioengine’s most popular speakers in a small but mighty package. Custom-built aramid fiber woofers and silk tweeters deliver a smooth response and high-quality sound. With built-in class A/B analog amplifiers, HD3 desktop speakers are the perfect mini music system and won't require a stereo receiver or external power amp. Connect wirelessly to any device with advanced Bluetooth 5.0 aptX-HD technology for exceptional audio quality or hook up to your computer with a USB input. Stream from your smartphone, tablet, or computer, connect your turntable, or connect a subwoofer for deeper bass for versatility that's hard to beat. Crafted for style as well as impressive sound, hand-built cabinets with furniture-grade wood veneers and aluminum trim accents offer old-school elegance.
- Quality. Simplicity. Value. Custom-built components, including 2.75” aramid fiber woofers, 1” silk dome tweeters, and built-in class A/B analog amplifiers offer a high performance audio system at an incredible value
- Bluetooth 5.0 with high-fidelity aptX-HD® audio coding for superior wireless sound
- Extended range up to 100’
- Up-sampling 24-bit DAC and high performance headphone amp included
- Hand-built wood veneer cabinets with furniture grade finish
- Analog Input impendence: 5K Ohms unbalanced
- Output impedance: 2 Ohms
- Recommended headphone impedance range: 10 Ohms to 10K Ohms
- Expandable design includes a variable subwoofer output
- 2 speakers for a real stereo experience
- Warranty: 3 Year (World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for all brands we sell)
An Entire Music System in a Small Package
The space-saving Audioengine HD3 Wireless Speaker System use the best components from the company’s award-winning powered speakers to make a powerful mini-music system. The HD3 is designed for the up-to-date music lover. The desktop speakers connect easily and allow for expandability, creating a complete audio package no matter how you choose to listen.
The powered speakers feature Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters that deliver a smooth response and high-quality sound. Both are made of strong material that can withstand being driven at high levels without losing shape. The woofers have rubber surrounds to add to the stability as the sound pumps harder.
Stream from Any Source with Easy Connectivity
The way you choose to listen to music is unique and the system you listen to should be as well. That’s why Audioengine designed the HD3 desktop speakers for use in a myriad of ways. They managed to keep it simple however, with easy connectivity via wirelessly or wired, digital or analog so you listen to your favorite tunes any way, right away.
High-fidelity Bluetooth 5.0 aptX-HD technology gives these speakers extended wireless range of up to 100’. The way the circuitry and antenna are tuned makes the range three times that of standard Bluetooth technology, and you won’t lose any sound quality. You can stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device for crystal clear audio quality through the HD3 speakers.
Not only can you easily access your music from whatever device you choose, you can also enhance the sound by adding other audio components. The expandability of these wireless speakers allows you to connect a subwoofer if you want that deeper bass sound, such as the Audioengine S8.. The setup is easy. There are no buttons to push, all the controls are easily accessible on the front panel, and the inputs are ready to go.
If you want privacy or to listen without waking the neighbors, the HD3 speakers also include a dedicated high-performance headphone output. The built-in headphone amplifier delivers precise, accurate sound that drives even the most-demanding headphones.
Amp it Up
Built-in class A/B analog power amplifiers mean you get full sound without the need for an external amp or audio receiver. The amplifiers are located in the left speaker. The high-end desktop speakers have a class A/B analog monoblock design, providing flexibility on where you can locate the speakers without losing audio quality.
Audioengine uses quality features from two of its most popular products, the B1 aptX-HD Bluetooth Receiver and the D1 24-bit DAC, to create a quality system. Known for its low noise and high fidelity, these components raise the bar for system performance.
Go Old School
Traditionally, analog amps are found in only high-end systems, but Audioengine speakers, at a fraction of the price, are special... Their class A/B analog amps sound incredible compared to cheaper digital amps found in other mass-produced brands. Set your system apart with a high-performance, retro style.
With all the technology packed into these small bundles of power, Audioengine hasn’t forgotten about the aesthetics. The speaker cabinets come in furniture-grade wood veneers with stylish aluminum trim accents. The detachable grills add another décor element.
- Speakers type: 2.0 powered multimedia speaker system
- Amplifier type: Dual analog class A/B monolithic
- Power output: 60W peak power total (15W RMS/30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, stereo RCA, USB, Bluetooth
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out, 3.5mm mini-jack headphone out
- Mains voltage: 110 - 240V 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 95dB
- THD + N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: <50dB
- Frequency response: 65Hz - 22kHz ± 2.0dB
- Frequency response w/ bass reduction switch selected: 100Hz - 22kHz ± 2.0dB
- Input impedance: 5K ohms unbalanced
- Headphone amp type: OPA2134
- Full-scale headphone output level: 2.0V RMS
- Output impedance: 2 ohms
- Recommended headphone impedance range: 10 ohms to 10K ohms
- Bluetooth receiver type: Bluetooth 5.0 audio with aptX-HD codec
- Supported codecs: aptX-HD, AAC, SBC
- Wireless operation range: Up to 100 feet
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 7" x 4.25" x 5.5"
- Left speaker: 4 lbs.
- Right speaker: 3.4 lbs.
- Power consumption
- Idle: 10W
- Mute: 6W
- Sleep: 4W
- Operating temperature: 32º to 95ºF
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HD3 Powered Speakers - Pair
- Speaker wire (2 meters)
- Power supply
- AC power cable
- Mini-jack audio cable (1.5 meters)
- USB cable (1.5 meters)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber cable bag
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Quick Start guide