Questions? We're here to help.
The Ultimate Personal Music System
The Audioengine HD Series was designed for the way people listen to music today, and the HD3 Powered Speakers raise the bar and set a new standard for compact mini music systems. HD3s fit just about anywhere you listen, and they were designed to play all your music from any device. Easy setup, simple but useful features, and real stereo sound make the HD3s the go-to system for all your music.
Today's music is available from many different sources including computers, tablets, smartphones, and turntables. The HD3 line is designed with multiple inputs to accommodate all these digital and analog sources. The Bluetooth receiver, which supports aptX and AAC codecs, has a range of about 100 feet, so you can stream all your music from almost anywhere in your house. The USB input bypasses your computer's lower-quality DAC for a high-fidelity listening experience. Lastly, dual analog inputs round out the HD3s' impressive suite of connections.
- Built-in power amplifiers
- High-fidelity Bluetooth with aptX, extended range, and simplified setup
- USB audio input
- Dual analog audio inputs and a full-range variable output
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Hand-built cabinets with furniture-grade finishes
- Detachable magnetic speaker grills
- Threaded inserts to secure speakers to floorstands
In the spirit of the HD Series, Audioengine has included features from some of their best-selling products, making the HD3s part of an incredibly versatile speaker system. Stream TIDAL, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube - or any other streaming service or media player - wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can also connect your favorite turntable and even connect a subwoofer, so no matter how you listen to music, HD3 has you covered.
All Your Music, Day and Night
HD3s include a headphone output and volume control on the front panel, so you can listen to your favorite music without disturbing the neighbors or your significant other. The built-in amplifier delivers a high-end sound that is a perfect match with even the most demanding headphones.
The HD3s were designed first for audio performance, but speakers also need to look great, right? The furniture-grade wood veneers, aluminum trim accents, and detachable magnetic grills give the HD3 a look and feel of old-school elegance that blends with any décor. Available in Satin Black, Walnut, and Cherry finishes.
Small Speakers That Pack a Punch
Built-in power amplifiers save space and eliminate the need to connect HD3 to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into a power outlet and connect the included speaker wire from the left to the right passive speaker. All internal components of the HD3 are designed and tuned together, so you'll get Audioengine's signature sound and a much more efficient system than traditional separate passive speakers and amplifiers.
- Speakers type: 2.0 powered multimedia speaker system
- Amplifier type: Dual analog class A/B monolithic
- Power output: 60W peak power total (15W RMS/30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, stereo RCA, USB, Bluetooth
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out, 3.5mm mini-jack headphone out
- Mains voltage: 110 - 240V 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 95dB
- THD + N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: <50dB
- Frequency response: 65Hz - 22kHz ± 2.0dB
- Frequency response w/ bass reduction switch selected: 100Hz - 22kHz ± 2.0dB
- Input impedance: 5K ohms unbalanced
- Headphone amp type: OPA2134
- Full-scale headphone output level: 2.0V RMS
- Output impedance: 2 ohms
- Recommended headphone impedance range: 10 ohms to 10K ohms
- Bluetooth receiver type: 24-bits
- Supported codecs: aptX, AAC, SBC
- Wireless operation range: Up to 100 feet
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 7" x 4.25" x 5.5"
- Left speaker: 4 lbs.
- Right speaker: 3.4 lbs.
- Power consumption
- Idle: 10W
- Mute: 6W
- Sleep: 4W
- Operating temperature: 32º to 95ºF
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- HD3 Powered Speakers - Pair
- Speaker wire (2 meters)
- Power supply
- AC power cable
- Mini-jack audio cable (1.5 meters)
- USB cable (1.5 meters)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber cable bag
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Quick Start guide