Audioengine D3 Premium 24-bit DAC With Headphone Amplifier Overview
Enjoy great, big sound through your favorite headphones even when you stream from your computer with the Audioengine D3 Premium 24-bit DAC With Headphone Amplifier. This headphone booster punches above its weight with sound performance that rivals more expensive home audio accessories. The DAC (digital to analog audio converter) vastly improves sound quality by circumventing inferior computer output systems to manage audio output through the USB port. The markedly higher output and accurate fidelity will transform your computer-based music and video experiences. Designed for headphones, the D3 has an adaptable USB port interface that works with both headphones and other audio systems, so you can have great sound anywhere. Small enough to fit in a pocket, the portable headphone amp is fortified with a sturdy, sleek aluminum casing and a carry bag for extra protection on the road.See full details
- Portable Type 1.1 or above USB-connected digital audio converter (DAC) for Mac or PC computers
- Inputs: USB Audio
- Digital audio inputs are handled at any bit depth up to 24 bits and sample rates of 32 kHz to 96 kHz
- Full-scale output: Maximum of 2.0 V RMS
- Connects through analog audio mini-jack to headphones with impedances of 12 ohms or higher, or systems with analog audio input (speakers or receivers)
- Impedance: 10 Ohms
- Asynchronous (dual master clocks) USB data transfer ensures rich sound quality
- LED indicator lets you view HD sample rates over 48K
- Powered by a high-performance LME49726 headphone amplifier that easily drives a wide range of headphones for high-quality sound
- Conversion by the high-performance DAC AKM4396 for sound improvement you can’t miss
- Plug-and-play design requires no drivers or software to install, ensuring easy setup
- Includes DAC, carry case, 1/4 headphone adapter cable and setup guide
- Dimensions: 1.97″ H x 0.79" W x 0.40" D (including USB connector)
- Warranty: 3 Years - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Bring Great Sound Everywhere You Go
Now you can have the big sound you love when you listen to computer-based music and videos. Whether you are streaming at home or elsewhere, you can easily improve your listening experience with a 24-bit digital audio converter that bumps up the output while remaining faithful to the original sound.
Secure in a brushed-finish aluminum casing with a soft, protective carry case, the D3 can go with you anywhere. You can use your digital to analog audio converter for headphones or for other audio systems if you happen to have a crowd on hand. The D3 plugs right into the USB port on any computer without extra cables for power. The setup is prompt and doesn't require you to install software or mess with settings, so there is no waiting around for better sound.
Designed to Improve Streaming Audio on Computers
Your portable digital to analog audio converter lets you have the same sound experience on your computer as you have with other systems when you enjoy your music or videos. The D3 bypasses the computer’s output system to manage audio output through the USB port, bringing a rich portable sound presentation via asynchronous data transfer and compatibility with both high-performance and economy headphones.
Love Your Headphones All Over Again with Digital Audio Conversion
The digital audio converter (AK4396) inside the headphone booster is a tiny powerhouse that manages your sound using two-stage redundant power regulation and asynchronous data transfer with dual master clocks. The D3 can process digital audio at bit depths up to 24 bits and sample rates up to 192 kHz for clear, high-fidelity playback. The signal-to-noise ratio is enhanced by internally upsampling all bit depths to 24 bits.
That clarity is pushed out by the high-performance D3 headphone amplifier (LME49726), crafted to kick up the output level and fill your ears with song. The two-volt output is compatible with high-end and economy headphones with impedances as low as 12 ohms.
A Sound Booster That You Can Share
You can share the big sound with everyone else. As a portable interface, the D3 meets your needs for practical design that delivers surprising performance in a small package that is entirely mobile. Anywhere with analog audio inputs such as powered speakers or a stereo receiver will connect with the portable headphone amplifier to convert digital to analog sound. The computer operating system provides volume control, implemented as a digitally-controlled analog volume control.
Quality American Manufacturing
The D3 comes from Audioengine, the Texas-based manufacturer with a reputation for affordable quality. All aspects of the portable headphone amplifier are well built, from the internal components, to the metal injection molded aluminum case to the analog audio mini-jack, and comply with Mac or PC systems. Less costly than many digital audio converters, the D3 combines compact dimensions with high signal-to-noise ratio for portable sound quality that meets any standards.
What You Get When You Unpack
The 24-bit DAC With Headphone Amplifier comes with a ¼" headphone adapter cable, protective carry case, setup guide and product line brochure. Power cables are not necessary because the D3 is USB-powered with a low-noise power supply on a separate circuit board to manage heat and noise.
You will notice big sound improvement immediately. However, the DAC will improve over 40 to 50 hours of break-in time, after which your sound satisfaction will be complete.
- Full-scale output: 0V RMS
- Frequency response: 10Hz-25kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- SNR: (DC to 20kHz) >110dB
- THD+N: (1kHz FS 96 kS/s) <0.002%
- Crosstalk: -110dB
- USB transfer mode: Asynchronous (dual clock)
- USB device class: Type 1.1 or above
- Input: USB Audio
- Input bit depth: 24-bit (upsampled)
- Input sample rate: 32kHz - 96kHz
- Output: Analog audio mini-jack
- Output impedance : 10 ohms
- Suggested headphone impedance: 12 ohms to 10K ohms
- Headphone amplifier: LME49726
- D/A converter: AKM4396
- USB controller: TI1020B
- Power requirement: USB 5V DC, 200mA
- USB power filtering: 2-stage redundant regulation
- Product dimensions: 5cm x 2cm x 1cm (including USB connector)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F
- Non-operating temp: -4 to 113 degrees F
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- D3 Premium 24-bit DAC With Headphone Amplifier
- Carry case
- 1/4 headphone adapter cable
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure