Audioengine B2 Premium Bluetooth Speaker
Send all your music wirelessly from your iDevice or tablet directly to the B2 Powered Speaker.
Wirelessly stream all your music from any Bluetooth-enabled device. Your computer, iDevice, or Android phone already has Bluetooth, so get more out of your music with the B2 wireless speaker. Experience award-winning Audioengine stereo sound, including a hand-built wood cabinet, Bluetooth aptX and extended wireless range.
- High-fidelity Bluetooth with aptX transmission and extended range
- Supports all Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Hand-built wood cabinet with magnetic speaker grills
- Auxiliary analog mini-jack input
- Built-in auto voltage switching power supply
- Setup and pairing is really easy and no special software is needed. Here’s how to connect B2 to your tablet, computer, or smartphone:
- Remove B2 from its packaging and attach the Bluetooth antenna to the rear panel.
- Connect the power cable to B2 rear panel and plug the other end into an AC outlet.
- Turn on the power switch and B2 will automatically go into pair mode.
- On your device, turn on Bluetooth and select “Audioengine B2” to pair and connect.
- Play your music and adjust the volume.
- The audio quality of most Bluetooth products isn't usually very inspiring and their limited range can be frustrating. The B2 solves these problems by implementing the aptX codec, which is a high-quality audio converter designed specifically for audio. The B2 also has special circuitry and a precision-tuned antenna to extend the wireless range, providing much more versatility than other Bluetooth speakers.
Upgrade your Bluetooth
- You already have Bluetooth on your tablet, computer, or iDevice, so get more out of it and experience stunning audio with the Audioengine B2 Bluetooth Speaker including aptX, extended range, hand-built wood cabinet, and custom speakers.
See and hear the difference
- The hand-finished all-wood cabinet of the B2 reflects traditional Audioengine design and the high-quality components and audio fidelity are typical of Audioengine's commitment to great sound at affordable prices. The Audioengine B2 continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi and even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
B2 Additional Features:
- Streams audio from any Bluetooth-enabled device
- Easy setup, connects in seconds
- No network setup, no passwords, no hassle
- Superior sound and extended range
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Hand-built wood cabinet
- Dual front port slots for extended bass
- Acoustically isolated cabinet design with detachable magnetic grill
- Aux audio input
- Integrated power supply
Digital-to-analog converter characteristics
- The B2 Bluetooth speaker system utilizes the TI PCM5102A DAC, widely know for it's low noise and high fidelity. Due to the PCM5102A's high signal-to-noise specs, the fact that digital signal is converted (upsampled) to 24-bits and the added benefit of triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the B2 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics with a noticeable improvement over other Bluetooth speakers.
Extended wireless range
- Most Bluetooth speakers have very limited range, usually within just one room. But with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, we offer a superior solution that will reach more than one room with no degradation in audio quality.
High quality Bluetooth audio
- The B2 features aptX coding which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec that provides much higher-quality sound than previous versions. The B2 is backwards-compatible with all previous Bluetooth implementations so you can wirelessly stream music from any device and still enjoy outstanding sound.
Custom-built audio components
- Audioengine designs and manufactures our own tweeters, woofers, and many other critical components. In other words, these are not "box built" speakers with off-the-shelf parts but entirely designed to our specifications. What we do not fabricate directly in our factories we have custom-made to our specifications (parts such as toroidal transformers, magnets, and wiring harnesses, for example). The speaker cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, amplifiers, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each Audioengine model. This, in turn, makes for a much more efficient system that requires much less power than traditional AV stereo receivers and passive speakers.
Based on studio monitor designs
- Studio monitor speakers are used by producers and engineers in recording and production studios. They are designed with a theoretical flat frequency response which allows the engineer to create a final mix in such a way that the recorded music will sound good on most other speakers. Although Audioengine speakers are not designed to be up-close "nearfield" studio monitors, we do carry over much of the same higher-end technology, components, and design philosophy for all Audioengine speaker systems.
- Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferro fluid cooled, silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The custom woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The speaker materials and construction are very robust, therefore speaker grills aren’t needed. In other words, we did our homework on the speaker drivers and they will sound and look great after many years of use.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is also used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. The B2 cabinet is a unique design in that it has dual sub-enclosures to prevent cross-interference, while each side contains its own tuned, front-port bass slot.
- The class A/B amplifiers in Audioengine speaker systems are very conservatively-rated analog designs. Each subsystem is tuned together for all models, providing a much more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and separate amplifiers. An auto-standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
- Both drivers are magnetically-shielded which allows protection for CRT displays and hard-drive music players.
- Any Bluetooth-enabled computer or other device
- Any music system with an analog audio output
- Type: Powered Bluetooth speaker
- Amplifier type: Dual class AB monolithic
- Power output: 60W peak total (15W RMS, 30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 2.75” Kevlar woofers , 3/4“ Silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: Bluetooth, 3.5mm stereo mini-jack analog
- Analog input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Frequency response: 65Hz-22kHz (±2.0dB)
- SNR: >95db (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: -50dB
- Power filtering: 3-stage redundant regulation
- Input voltages: 100-240V, 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Bluetooth receiver type: Bluetooth 4.0 audio with aptX codec
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: aptX, A2DP, and AVRCP
- Wireless operation range: up to 100ft (30m) typical
- D/A converter: TI PCM5102A
- Input bit depth: 24-bit (upsampled)
- Input data rate: Determined by Bluetooth
- Wireless latency: ~30 milliseconds (ms)
- Product dimensions: 4.25”(H) x 12.25”(W) x 5.50”(D)
- Shipping weight: 10lbs (4.6kg)
- Shipping box dims: 10.5” (H) x 16” (W) x 7.5” (D)
- Environmental Requirements:
- Operating temperature: 24° to 105°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -4° to 115°F (-20°C to 46°C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Materials and Construction
- 18mm thick MDF cabinets with real wood veneer
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 2.75" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- Included accessories
- Power cable
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bag
- Quickstart guide
What's in the Box
What’s In The Box:
- (1) B2 Bluetooth Speaker
- (1) Antenna
- (1) Power cable
- (1) Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- (1) Microfiber speaker bag
- (1) Quickstart guide