Questions? We're here to help.
Audioengine A2 Premium Powered Desktop Speakers
Audioengine 2 (A2) Premium Powered Desktop Speakers - The new standard for multimedia sound and closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Audioengine 2 is the perfect upgrade for your computer, iPod, and all your music.
Audioengine A2 Desktop Speakers Highlights:
- 2 audio inputs (RCA and mini-jack)
- Built-in power amps (left speaker)
- Kevlar woofers for super low end
- Silk tweeters for smooth highs
- High-quality speaker connectors
- Auto-sleep power-saving mode
- Hand-built cabinets
Audioengine A2 Desktop Speakers Features:
Upgrade your Audio
- Creating powered multimedia speakers to follow the Audioengine 5 was a challenge, but Audioengine feels they've managed to duplicate the signature sound of the Audioengine 5s in a much smaller package perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office. The Audioengine 2 is a great introduction to high-quality audio and the perfect upgrade for your computer or iPod.
- The Audioengine 2 (A2) is about one-third the size of the flagship Audioengine 5 system and is an excellent computer audio upgrade or small room speaker. Audioengine used the same custom tweeters as the Audioengine 5, matched them with newly designed compact Kevlar woofers and then added high-performance amplifiers with gold-plated speaker connectors. All this great engineering is wrapped in wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish to create a premium quality desktop multimedia speaker system that puts all those sad plastic computer speakers to shame!
Smaller Speakers, Still Big Bass
- To say that the bass on the Audioengine 2 is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you should be the judge. The bass was coaxed from the A2 with some very clever acoustic and electrical design and without using any DSP or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the sealed cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front port slots.
Versatile and Efficient
- The A2 was designed for your desktop but is also perfect for smaller rooms. Well-suited for all types of music, movies, and videogames, the A2 sounds great with or without a subwoofer. Using a similar design as the Audioengine 5, the A2 power amplifiers are built inside the left speaker, providing a very efficient system. An auto-sleep standby feature is also included to conserve power when you''re not playing music.
- They've included 1/8 mini jack and RCA inputs so connecting A2 is easy. No software installs, plug-ins, or sound card upgrades. Just connect the audio output (or headphone jack) from your computer, iPod, Airport Express, Sonos system, PSP - or any other audio device - into the A2 rear panel input. All cables that you may need are included.
Minding the Gap
- The Audioengine 2 sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality for Powered Multimedia Speakers and further closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Even if you''re not an audio enthusiast, we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
What's In The Box:
- Power supply
- Speaker cable (16AWG), 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- 1/8" mini-jack audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- 1/8" mini-jack audio cable, 20cm (~8 inches)
- Drawstring power supply bag
- Drawstring cable bag
- Drawstring speaker bags (2)
- Setup Guide