Audioengine A2+ Powered Desktop Speakers Overview
The Audioengine A2+ desktop speakers allow you to enjoy high quality audio while upgrading your computer or smart device. These desktop speakers pack rich, musical sound and impressive quality into a desktop-friendly design. A newly added USB port allows the speakers to bypass your computer's mediocre sound card giving you greater fidelity and enhanced sound overall the way only Audioengine speakers can.
- Two 15-watt amplifiers in the left speaker, with the right passive
- 60W peak power total (15W RMS/30W peak per channel)
- Dimensions: 6” (H) x 4” (W) x 5.25” (D)
- Frequency response: 65Hz - 22kHz ± 2.0dB
- Powerful three-inch Kevlar woofers
- Silk tweeters and hard-finished wood cabinets
- Built-in Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) to improve sound quality
- Three audio inputs allow for connection to a TV or personal device
- All cables provided for easy setup
- Desktop stands tilt up to be closer to ear
- Silicon rubber stands cuts down on vibrations
- Weight: 6.70 pounds
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
High Performance Desktop Speakers
The personal listening experience has never been quite so powerful thanks to the Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers. You’ll be listening in your office, or at your home computer, (or anywhere in your home for that matter), and hear powerful, clear sound that brings your music to life.
Small Speakers, Big Sound
The Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers only measure six inches in height but pack an extraordinary punch. These speakers feature three-inch Kevlar woofers, silk tweeters, and are housed in hard-finished wood cabinets. There are two 15-watt amplifiers built into the left speaker, while the right speaker remains passive. That’s a massive amount of sound for home or office computer speakers. Everything, down to the detail of using wood, is designed to maximize sound quality.
Built in DAC for PC Audio
The Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers feature a built-in Digital to Analog Converter, or DAC. What this means for you is - when you plug these speakers into a computer via USB cord (which is provided), it will sidestep the computer’s lower-quality DAC and increase the performance of your computer’s audio; it will give you the best listening experience possible.
Versatile Connectivity Options
Thanks to the three available audio inputs, you can hook up the Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers to your TV, turntable, personal devices, Pandora, you name it. It creates a small, intimate audio theater experience, but you’ll never skimp on the sound.
High Quality Audio Components
With the amplifiers built into the left speaker, setup is easy. All cables are included, so plug the left speaker into the wall, then connect speaker wire to the right speaker. Done! That simple. The desktop speaker stands tilt up so it’s closer to your ear. These stands are constructed from silicon rubber, which is important since it diminishes the vibrations between the Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers and where they stand.
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) multimedia desktop speaker system
- Amplifier type: Dual class AB monolithic
- Power output: 60W peak power total (15W RMS/30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers: 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, RCA, USB
- Outputs: RCA variable line-out
- Input voltages: 110 - 240V 50/60Hz auto-switching
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: - 50dB
- Frequency response: 65Hz - 22kHz ± 2.0dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- DAC: TI/Burr Brown PCM2704C
- Input bit depth: Up to 16 bits native
- Input sample rate: Up to 48KHz native
- USB device class: Type 1.1 or above
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6" x 4" x 5.25"
- Left speaker: 1.6Kg/3.55 lbs.
- Right speaker: 1.4Kg/3.15 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's In The Box
- A2+ powered (left) speaker
- A2+ passive (right) speaker
- Speaker wire, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- Power supply
- AC power cord
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- USB cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Microfiber cable bag
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure