Our take on the Audioengine A2+
The Audioengine A2+ desktop speakers allow you to enjoy high quality audio while upgrading your computer or smart device. These desktop speakers pack rich, musical sound and impressive quality into a desktop-friendly design. A newly added USB port allows the speakers to bypass your computer's mediocre sound card giving you greater fidelity and enhanced sound overall.
- Transform your desktop with the small, but powerful speakers
- Improve the quality of music on your computer with USB connection
- Enjoy smoother, crystal clear highs powered by silk dome tweeters
- Audio output jacks make it easy to add a subwoofer or pair another speaker
The award-winning Audioengine 2 speakers just got better. With a built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC), the Audioengine 2+ allows you to send high-quality digital audio direct from your computer’s USB port. They've also added an output to connect a subwoofer and you can even go wireless with the optional Audioengine W3 adapter. The Audioengine 2+ is a great introduction to high-quality audio and the perfect upgrade for your computer or iDevice.
Audioengine A2+ Speakers Highlights:
- Excellent sound with elegant simplicity and a new standard for computer audio
- Versatile connections, including USB digital audio and subwoofer output
- Designed for your desktop but also sounds great across the room
Upgrade your AudioThe Audioengine 2+ is the new standard for computer audio and these small, but high-performance speakers are the perfect upgrade for your computer. Everyone knows the difference between custom-built, small batch products and the disappointment of mass-produced and over-marketed products. The A2+ was designed and hand-built with the goal of exceeding expectations of both value and performance.
The Audioengine 2+ is about one-third the size of our flagship Audioengine 5+ powered speakers and an ideal size for your desktop or smaller room. They used the same custom tweeters as in the Audioengine 5+, matched them with compact Kevlar woofers, then added high-performance amplifiers with high-quality connectors. All this great engineering is wrapped in wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish to create a premium quality desktop multimedia speaker system that puts all those sad plastic computer speakers to shame!
Smaller Speakers, Still Big Bass
To say that the bass on the Audioengine 2+ is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you should be the judge. The bass was teased from the A2+ with some clever acoustic and electrical design without using any digital signal processing or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front port slots.
Versatile and Efficient
The A2+ was designed for your desktop but their superb soundstage and imaging also makes them the perfect choice for across the room. Well-suited for all your music, movies and games, the A2+ sounds great with or without a subwoofer. Using a similar analog design as the Audioengine 5+, the A2+ power amplifiers are built inside the left speaker providing a very efficient system. An auto-standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
The A2+ features analog amplifiers that are built into the left speaker, while the right speaker is passive so setup is simple. Just plug the left speaker into AC power and connect the included speaker wire from left to right. They’ve included minijack, RCA, and USB inputs for easy connection to your computer or iDevice and other cables you may need are included. There is no software or plug-ins to install and A2+ works with any computer or music player. The A2+ also has a variable RCA output for connecting a subwoofer, upgraded connectors, improved accessory cables, and a redesigned power supply.
Minding the Gap
The Audioengine 2+ sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality for Powered Multimedia Speakers and further closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, they guarantee you will still hear a difference!
Audioengine A2+ Speakers Additional Features:
- Built-in analog power amplifiers
- Dual analog audio inputs
- USB audio input
- Hand-finished wood cabinets
- Variable audio output
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Power-saving idle mode
- Cables included
- Works with Mac or PC, no software to install
- Designed for desktop use, but will fill a room
- Turntables with built-in or external preamps
- iDevices and all music players
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
- TVs with an analog output
- CD and DVD players
- Video game consoles
- All products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs, including the Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Receiver!
What's in the Box
What's In The Box:
- A2+ powered (left) speaker
- A2+ passive (right) speaker
- Speaker wire, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- Power supply
- AC power cord
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- USB cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Microfiber cable bag
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure