Questions? We're here to help.
This Audioengine Desktop Speaker Package includes:
- Pair of A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers
- B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver
Audioengine A2+ Premium Powered Desktop Speakers
The award-winning Audioengine 2 speakers just got better. With a built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC), the Audioengine 2+ allows you to send high-quality digital audio direct from your computer’s USB port. They've also added an output to connect a subwoofer and you can even go wireless with the optional Audioengine W3 adapter. The Audioengine 2+ is a great introduction to high-quality audio and the perfect upgrade for your computer or iDevice.
Audioengine A2+Desktop Speakers Highlights:
- Excellent sound with elegant simplicity and a new standard for computer audio
- Versatile connections, including USB digital audio and subwoofer output
- Designed for your desktop but also sounds great across the room
Audioengine A2+Desktop Speakers Features:
Upgrade your Audio
- The Audioengine 2+ is the new standard for computer audio and these small, but high-performance speakers are the perfect upgrade for your computer. Everyone knows the difference between custom-built, small batch products and the disappointment of mass-produced and over-marketed products. The A2+ was designed and hand-built with the goal of exceeding expectations of both value and performance.
- The Audioengine 2+ is about one-third the size of our flagship Audioengine 5+ powered speakers and an ideal size for your desktop or smaller room. They used the same custom tweeters as in the Audioengine 5+, matched them with compact Kevlar woofers, then added high-performance amplifiers with high-quality connectors. All this great engineering is wrapped in wood cabinets with a hand-polished finish to create a premium quality desktop multimedia speaker system that puts all those sad plastic computer speakers to shame!
Smaller Speakers, Still Big Bass
- To say that the bass on the Audioengine 2+ is substantial for their size may be an understatement, but you should be the judge. The bass was teased from the A2+ with some clever acoustic and electrical design without using any digital signal processing or fake bass boost circuits. Wood remains a preferred speaker enclosure material for its stiffness at higher volume levels and the cabinet focuses just the right amount of low end from the tuned front port slots.
Versatile and Efficient
- The A2+ was designed for your desktop but their superb soundstage and imaging also makes them the perfect choice for across the room. Well-suited for all your music, movies and games, the A2+ sounds great with or without a subwoofer. Using a similar analog design as the Audioengine 5+, the A2+ power amplifiers are built inside the left speaker providing a very efficient system. An auto-standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
- The A2+ features analog amplifiers that are built into the left speaker, while the right speaker is passive so setup is simple. Just plug the left speaker into AC power and connect the included speaker wire from left to right. They’ve included minijack, RCA, and USB inputs for easy connection to your computer or iDevice and other cables you may need are included. There is no software or plug-ins to install and A2+ works with any computer or music player. The A2+ also has a variable RCA output for connecting a subwoofer, upgraded connectors, improved accessory cables, and a redesigned power supply.
Minding the Gap
- The Audioengine 2+ sets a new level of audio and aesthetic quality for Powered Multimedia Speakers and further closes the gap between computer speakers and home audio. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast, they guarantee you will still hear a difference!
Audioengine A2+Desktop Speakers Additional Features:
- Built-in analog power amplifiers
- Dual analog audio inputs
- USB audio input
- Hand-finished wood cabinets
- Variable audio output
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Power-saving idle mode
- Cables included
- Works with Mac or PC, no software to install
- Designed for desktop use, but will fill a room
- Turntables with built-in or external preamps
- iDevices and all music players
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
- TVs with an analog output
- CD and DVD players
- Video game consoles
- All products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs, including the Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Receiver!
What's In The Box:
- A2+ powered (left) speaker
- A2+ passive (right) speaker
- Speaker wire, 2 meters (~6.5 feet)
- Power supply
- AC power cord
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- USB cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bags
- Microfiber power supply bag
- Microfiber cable bag
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure
Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver
The Audioengine B1 Bluetooth receiver allows high quality wireless transmission from your smart phone, tablet, computer or TV to your music system. Now that Bluetooth audio quality and range have been greatly improved, hundreds of devices are featuring Bluetooth and Bluetooth aptX and the list grows almost daily.
Easily stream audio from your TV, computer or music services like Spotify, Pandora, Tidal or your own collection directly from your device to your system. Bluetooth is a point-to-point connection not relying on Wi-Fi, which can bog down when Internet traffic increases and make your media skip or pause. The B1s “one button” hook-up will have you and your friends listening to your favorite music or watching your favorite show in minutes. The precision-tuned antenna allows the range on the B1 is three times that of standard units. The advanced Bluetooth carrier is aptX, the very best sounding Bluetooth, so all of your music is transmitted and preserved at the highest quality. The 24-bit DAC further enhances audio performance as it upsamples (fills in the gaps of) any audio signal it sees. For very high-end systems, the B1 even features an optical out in case you want to use another outboard DAC or an optical input on your home theater receiver. These days, every system needs a good Bluetooth solution and the B1 will fit the bill in every way. Upgrade to the new Audioengine Bluetooth standard now and breathe a new level of usability and fun into your audio system!
Audioengine B1 Music Receiver Highlights:
- High-fidelity Bluetooth with aptX
- Connects to any system via RCA or optical
- Extended range of 100 feet, through multiple walls
- Built-in 24 bit, up-sampling DAC (AKM4396)
Audioengine B1 Music Receiver Features:
- The B1 is a simple way to get great-sounding wireless music from your device out to any music system. Setup and pairing is really easy and no special software is needed. Here’s how to connect B1 to your music system and pair with your tablet, computer, or smartphone:
- Connect the included audio cables from the B1 rear panel to your music system. Connect the included power adapter to B1 and plug into an AC outlet. B1 will automatically go into pair mode. On your device, turn on Bluetooth and select “Audioengine B1” to pair and connect. Play your music. Setup is really this easy!
- The audio quality of most Bluetooth products isn't usually very inspiring and their limited range can be frustrating. The B1 solves these problems by implementing the aptX codec, which is a high-quality audio converter designed specifically for audio. The B1 also has special circuitry and a precision-tuned antenna to extend the wireless range, providing much more versatility than other Bluetooth receivers.
- Upgrade your Bluetooth and breathe new life into your audio system. You already have Bluetooth on your tablet, computer, or iDevice, so get more out of it and experience stunning audio with the Audioengine B1 Bluetooth Receiver including aptX, 24-bit upsampling DAC, and extended range.
See and hear the difference
- The aluminum case of the B1 reflects traditional Audioengine design and the high-quality components and audio fidelity are typical of Audioengine's commitment to great sound at affordable prices. The Audioengine B1 continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi and even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
- Easy setup, connects in seconds Plug-n-play, no software to install Superior sound and extended range Streams audio from any media player (iTunes, Amarra, Youtube, etc.) Connects to any music system with an audio input
- Supports all Bluetooth-enabled devices High-fidelity Bluetooth with aptX transmission and extended range Stream high-resolution 24-bit digital audio from the Audioengine B1 to any music system. Includes built-in AKM4396 DAC for superior 24-bit upsampled playback Aluminum case with audiophile-grade connectors Analog and optical outputs 2.0Vrms maximum output level Experience stunning audio quality with aptX coding, built-in 24-bit upsampling DAC, and extended wireless range.
- The B1 Bluetooth Receiver utilizes the AKM AK4396A DAC, widely know for it's low noise and high fidelity. B1 is essentially an upsampling 24-bit Bluetooth DAC and will pad all bit depths internally to 24-bits, thus achieving a higher signal-to-noise ratio. Due to the AK4396A's high signal-to-noise specs, the fact that digital signal is converted (upsampled) to 24-bits and the added benefit of triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the B1 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics with a noticeable improvement over other Bluetooth devices.
- Most Bluetooth implementations have very limited range, usually within just one room. But with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, we offer a superior solution that will reach more than one room with no degradation in audio quality.
High quality Bluetooth audio
- The B1 features aptX coding which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec that provides much higher-quality sound than previous versions. The B1 is backwards-compatible with all previous Bluetooth implementations so you can wirelessly stream music from any device and still enjoy outstanding sound.
- B1 also functions as a wireless audio bridge from your device to your favorite DAC or preamp. Use the internal DAC with RCA analog outputs or connect the optical output into another DAC.
Audioengine B1 Music Receiver Specifications:
- Bluetooth receiver type: Bluetooth 4.0 audio with aptX codec
- Supported Bluetooth profiles: aptX, A2DP, and AVRCP
- Inputs: Bluetooth
- Outputs: Stereo analog RCA Digital optical (SPDIF)
- Required power: 5V, 200mA
- Operation range: up to 100ft (30m) typical
- Full-scale output: 2.0V RMS
- Output impedance: 57 Ohms
- D/A converter: AKM AK4396
- Power filtering: 3-stage redundant regulation
- SNR: SNR (DC to 20 kHz) >100dB
- THD+N: (1 kHz FS 96 kS/s) <0.02%
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 20kHz (+/-0.5dB)
- Crosstalk: >-86dB
- Input bit depth: 24-bit (upsampled)
- Input data rate: Determined by Bluetooth
- Latency: ~30 milliseconds (ms)
- Product dimensions:
- Shipping weight: 1.0 lbs
- Shipping box dimensions: 11 x 7 x 3"
- Environmental Requirements: Operating temperature: 32° to 105°F (0°C to 40°C) Storage temperature: -4° to 115°F (-20°C to 46°C) Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Included accessories: RCA audio cable (3ft/1m) Power adapter with detachable cable Microfiber bag Setup guide
What’s In The Box:
- (1) B1 Receiver
- (1) RCA audio cable (3ft/1m)
- (1) Power adapter with detachable cable
- (1) Microfiber bag
- (1) Setup guide
- Any Bluetooth-enabled computer or other device Powered speakers Any music system with an audio input