The primary goal of Astell&Kern has always been to deliver the original sound. They wanted even more people to experience the AK320 and its ability to deliver the original sound as intended.
24bit 192kHz bit to bit Playback
AK320 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 24bit, 192kHz. 32bit audio is downsampled using a sample-rate converter (SRC). In addition, DSD 64/128 can be played back via conversion to PCM.
PEQ (Parametric EQ)
A parametric equalizer (PEQ) was implemented in the AK380 to deliver detailed adjustment of the original sound, and an audio digital signal processor (DSP) was added to aid in this process. This frees up CPU cycles previously needed for calculating graphic equalizers (GEQ), allowing more detailed and accurate calculations via the dedicated DSP. The audio DSP expands the existing 10-band, ±0.5 dB graphic equalizer (GEQ*2) to 20-band, ±0.01 dB to more precisely adjust the frequency and gain (dB) as well as more accurately specifying the frequency range via Q value adjustments.
Equipped With a Femto Clock to Deliver True Original Sound
Astell&Kern implemented a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) high-precision clock with a reference jitter value of 200 femto seconds. Femto clocks are commonly used in high-end audio systems, and the clock is measured in high-precision femtosecond units (one quadrillionth of a second).
The AK320 supports USB DAC functionality. The AK320 can be connected to a PC or Mac via USB for use as a USB DAC that supports PCM/DSD. When playing back music stored on a PC or Mac, the Dual-DAC is able to deliver richer audio of outstanding soundstage and resolution well beyond the limits of a built-in sound card.
AK Connect App
Astell&Kern has further enhanced DLNA functionality via the AK Connect app. Wireless networking DLNA (version 1.0) connects to a NAS or PC, and is easily controlled with a smartphone or tablet through AK Connect. Source files on a PC or NAS can be freely transferred and streamed without the hassle of turning on the computer and physically connecting with a cable.
Pressure-sensitive Metal Capacitive Touch
The Metal Touch functions as a home key and interfaces with the device via pressure-sensitive touches.
AK320 System Features:
- 24bit 192kHz bit to bit Playback
- PEQ (Parametric EQ)
- Equipped With a Femto Clock to Deliver True Original Sound
- USB DAC
- AK Connect App
- Pressure-sensitive Metal Capacitive Touch
- Model: AK320
- Body Color: Gun Metal
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 4inch WVGA (480 x 800) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample)
/ DSD : DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo/ DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalance 2.2Vrms / Balance 2.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: AKM AK4490 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 24bit / 192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC))
/ Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs: PHONES (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX)
- Dimensions: 2.95 ”(75.15 mm) [W] x 4.42 ”(112.4 mm) [H] x 0.64 ”(16.45 mm) [D]
- Weight: 7.65 oz (217 g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Frequency Response: ±0.053dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance & Balance
±0.56dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Unbalance / ±0.55dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Balance
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 117dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- Crosstalk: 130dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 135dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- THD+N: 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0007% @ 1kHz, Balance
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0007% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance
- Output Impedance: Balanced out 2.5mm (1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm (2ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 30ps(Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 200 Femto Seconds
- Capacity: 3,400mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Built-in Memory: 128GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max 128GB) x1
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up