AK T8iE Mk II Highlights
- The AKT8iE Mk II is the new flagship headphone from Astell & Kern
- Beyerdynamic's Tesla drivers capture every detail of your music
- New voice-coil increases reliability and eliminates distortion
- Comfortable, skin-friendly high-grade transparent silver-plated cables
- High precision gold-plated MMCX connectors provide peak performance and reliability
- Includes two cables: one for balanced-mode use, one for unbalanced-use
- 7 g per pair without cable
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
is the Sound of Luxury
Luxury headphones should place a premium on design and audio performance -- the AK T8iE Mk II Special Edition Tesla In-Ear Headphones are simply some of the finest headphones we've ever tested. Developed by Astell & Kern through collaboration with Beyerdynamic, these high-quality earbuds are handmade with German precision to offer outstanding sound quality, whether you are running on a treadmill or flying across the globe.
Tesla Audio Innovation
Astell & Kern’s new flagship headphone, the AK T8iE Mk II is built using Beyerdynamic's Tesla magnets – the new technology, named after the pioneer of the alternating current Nikola Tesla. These magnets move the headphone drivers at high velocity, a feature usually found in ridiculously expensive speakers. That means these headphones produce exceptionally precise sound without unwanted noise and distortion. The AK T8iE Mk II lets you hear your music exactly how it was mixed in the studio, the way the artist intended.
Improved Quality and Comfort
The geniuses at Astell&Kern were not content resting on their laurels. They took on the herculean task of improving the AKT8IE, the world’s first Tesla in-ear headphone. While that idea seemed nearly impossible, they developed the AK T8iE Mk II and improved on AKT8IE in nearly every way.
First, they installed a new and improved voice-coil for high-reliability, low-distortion sound reproduction. Then they swapped out the already high-quality copper cable for an even higher-grade silver plated cable that is flexible and soft to the touch. A&K didn’t stop there. These in-ear headphones are equipped with high precision gold-plated MMCX connectors, ensuring reliability for daily use. The bottom line – these are the best sounding, most comfortable earbuds you will probably ever get the chance to hear.
The Beyerdynamic Difference
In 1924, Eugene Bayer started building cinema speaker in Berlin. Today, more than 90 years later, the name Beyerdynamic is synonymous with high-quality audio equipment. Since their founding, the company has pushed the limits of audio technology -- from speakers to headphones, microphones and conference systems, Beyerdynamic is renowned for vision and innovation. Their hand-built products exemplify the type of quality people come to expect when they read, “Made in Germany.” Beyerdynamic’s expertise combined with Astell & Kern's philosophy of "providing the original sound" raises the bar for every other headphone on the market. Simply put, Astell & Kern headphones are a cut above the rest.
- Transducer type: Dynamic, moving-coil
- Operating principle: Closed
- Frequency response: 8 – 48,000 Hz
- Impedance: 16 Ohm
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.2 %
- Power handling capacity: 10 mW
- Nominal sound pressure level: 109 dB SPL
- Sound coupling to the ear: intra-aural
- Cables: two cables: one for balanced-mode use, one for unbalanced-use 1.30 m, two-sided, detachable
- Connector: MMCX at earphones/ 3.5 mm 3-pole jack plug on unbalanced cable / 2.5 mm 4-pole jack plug on balanced cable
- Weight without cable: 7 g per pair