The Alpine PDX-V9 5-channel amplifier has everything that you would want in an amplifier: compact size, lots of power, excellent sound quality, and the option to add a remote bass knob to control the volume of a subwoofer (or subwoofers) independently from the rest of the system. It's digital design keeps the amp working solidly - even in hot weather. Keep your music playing all day long.
Alpine PDX-V9 Features:
- From Alpine's PDX line
- High-performance 5-channel digital amplifier
- 100 watts x 4 and 500 watts x 1 @ 2 or 4 ohms
- Add a RUXKNOB for remote subwoofer control
Meet the New Amp Benchmark
The new Alpine PDX Series amplifiers are completely re-engineered for performance, sound quality, and reliability. The PDX series are for the true car audio. See why professionals find the PDX series to be the #1 choice in best performing digital amplifiers.
PDX-V9 Amplifier Features:
New Reference Grade Output Stage
- Ultra-Wide Frequency Response - This super-wide, industry leading frequency range offers listeners unparallel sound quality and detail that bests even the most high-end audiophile equipment. 5Hz-100kHz for 4ch, 5Hz-400Hz for Mono (+0,-3dB), and 3Hz~100kHz (+0dB, -3dB), Mono: 3Hz~600Hz (+0dB, -3dB) for 5ch.
- Total Harmonic Distortion(THD+N) vs. Power - The all-new PDX series amplifiers are not your typical class-D amplifiers. Traditionally, class-D amplifiers have not been known for both low distortion and wide frequency response. These new PDX amplifiers are the first ever class-D amplifiers to break tradition and trump the amps of yesterday. The PDX-M12, PDX-M6, PDX-F6, PDX-F4, and PDX-V9 are synonymous with extremely high resolution and detail.
- Total Harmonic Distortion(THD+N) vs. Frequency - Uniquely PDX, distortion actually decreases at higher frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortion. -<0.005% THD+N @ 1W, <0.05% THD+N @ rated power.
- Signal to Noise - These amps are capable of unheard of S/N ratios up to 95dB S/N @ 1W, 122dB S/N at rated power for extremely clean, uncolored sound. Forget unwanted background noise or static. The PDX amps deliver crystal clear music every time.
- Damping Factor - With ultra-low output impedance, the new PDX offers extremely controlled, tight bass for unprecedented sound quality. Ratings are >500 for 4ch and >1000 for the sub.
- Beefed up Power - The PDX power supply delivers tremendous headroom with low distortion and noise. PDX amplifiers have an extremely high total system efficiency of ~80% (power supply is rated at >90%, output stage is rated >90%).
- Low Impedance Stability - These amps are stable at low impedances and are capable of their rated power from 2 to 4 ohms for all models. This allows excellent flexibility with multiple speaker and subwoofer loads and is adjusted automatically.
- Certified Power From Birth, Guaranteed. - Each PDX amplifier comes with its very own birth-sheet. PDX amplifiers are tested and documented to show their true actual output.
- Power Management Processor - PDX amps incorporate Alpines new Power Management circuit. The Power Management Processor controls all aspects of amplifier performance, monitoring voltage, temperature and output to ensure uninterrupted power output for non-stop listening. If the amp gets too hot, the Thermal Protection circuit kicks in and gradually decreases output power until it cools down. Once cool, the power output automatically increases back to the previous level. If the circuit detects a Low Battery condition, it will gradually decrease power output if battery voltage becomes too low. Once the battery voltage increases, power will be restored. This interruption-free design allows for non-stop enjoyment with no hiccups or drop-outs, just clean, clear output.
- Unique Stacking System - The new PDX series amplifiers are 20% thinner than previous models at only 2 thick. New stacking system packs the amps closer together so there are no gaps and to save space in the trunk while directly coupling the amps heatsinks to help share cooling duties.
- Speaker terminals - The super high power speaker connectors allow for up to 8GA wiring and have a unique quick disconnect design for simple error-free installation.
- Power Connector - The new removable connector features a low-loss, high-current design. It accepts up to 4GA wire, to ensure your amp gets the power it needs while allowing for easy installation.
- Remote Control Bass Knob (RUX-KNOB) - Simply add the RUX-KNOB (sold separately),and get full control from the dash for remote on-the-fly bass adjustments. You also have the ability to control multiple amps from just one controller with simple telephone cord adapters.
- A Touch of Personalization - PDX amplifiers come with removable trim rings, allowing them to be easily custom painted to match your vehicle or personalized to anything you want. Add it as another Do-It-Yourself project, or leave it to professionals and ask an Authorized Alpine retailer/installer near you.