Alpine CDE-163BT CD Receiver Highlights:
- 50 Watts x 4
- 3 Pre-Outs (4V)
- Two-line dot display
- Alpine TuneIt App Ready
- BT Plus; Advanced Bluetooth wireless technology with Audio Streaming
- Works with Pandora internet radio for iPhone and Android
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio Ready (SXV300 tuner & SiriusXM subscription required)
- FLAC audio file compatibility via USB
- 24-Bit DAC
- Variable RGB Illumination
- Made for iPod and iPhone
- App Direct Mode
- Front USB and 3.5mm input
- 9 Band Parametric EQ
- KTP-445A Power Pack capable (sold separately)
Alpine CDE-163BT CD Receiver Features:
TuneIt and Share It
- Alpine TuneIt is an easy-to-use sound-tuning app to get the most out of your vehicle’s sound. Download the free app onto your iPhone or Android smartphone and create a user profile about your vehicle and Alpine sound system. Features include increased vehicle choices for easier profile set-up, an expanded database of Alpine speakers and subwoofers for more precise sound system tuning and Bass Engine SQ tuning to tailor the in-vehicle bass characteristics. Follow the simple Alpine TuneIt graphical instructions to adjust sound settings for your specific vehicle or choose from pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Parametric EQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music. Share your settings and get rated on your tuning skills, plus try out and rate settings made by others. The more active you are, the higher your profile status progresses within the app.
Bass Engine SQ: Bring Balance to Your Music
- Use the Bass button on the faceplate (or the TuneIt app) to get the best tonal balance and efficient power distribution to all (front, rear, and sub) speakers independently. Bass Engine SQ tuning provides tonal balance by automatically adjusting different combinations of EQ, Sub Level and Crossover settings through the choice of five bass profiles (Standard, Punch, Rich, Mid Bass, Low Bass).
BT Plus, Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling & Audio Streaming
- Don’t fuss or fiddle with your phone and say goodbye to uncomfortable headsets and earpieces. Most importantly, stay focused on safe driving. The CDE-163BT is equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology so you can carry on your phone conversations in the car without additional adapters.
Audio Streaming Has Never Been Easier
- Do you have a large music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone? The CDE-163BT can stream and control your smartphone's music via Bluetooth. Want to listen to your iPhone without plugging-in? Stream your music via Bluetooth. Whether you have music on your iPhone locally, on iTunes Match or select third-party audio apps, the CDE-163BT can stream your tunes!
- This unit comes with all that’s needed for Bluetooth convenience. The CDE-163BT comes with a tuned microphone that’s engineered to reduce noise interference and feedback. This allows optimal placement in your car, for the best possible sound quality.
Making, Taking Calls & Call Waiting
- Making and taking phone calls has never been more convenient. You can set up your cell phone/head unit to automatically answer your calls. Use the supplied microphone to speak, and then listen through your car’s speakers. When a call comes in, your music mutes to carry the phone call. View caller information including Caller ID, Missed, Dialed, and Received calls right from the head unit display. If you receive a second call, you can have the first caller wait momentarily by pressing “2” for call waiting mode. Once both calls are finished, the mute for music is deactivated. This truly makes the transition from your phone calls to music enjoyable and convenient. You can even use the CDE-163BT’s preset buttons to quickly jump through your phone book, making navigation through large phone books much faster.
Hands-Free Calling Sound Customization
- To bring sound balance to your hands-free experience, you can adjust the CDE-163BT’s mic gain, phone output and ringtone volume. If that’s not enough, there are five sound quality settings to choose from to get the balance just right for you. This flexibility will make your phone calls a pleasurable experience.
Steering Wheel Control
- If your car has factory Bluetooth steering wheel controls, then it will also control your new CDE-163BT’s built-in Bluetooth. Or, control your head unit right from your factory installed steering wheel controls by adding a third party adapter. Use an adapter from popular brand names such as Axxess or PAC to add this feature.
Made for iPod and iPhone
- It’s convenient to control your iPod or iPhone music in the car – enjoy seamless operation of your iPod in addition to full control of all your favorite media sources. Control all search options of your iPod directly from the CDE-163BT via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast or Composer. The USB connection allows for high-quality iPod playback and delivers an even faster access speed so you’ll find songs as quickly as you expect to find them on your iPod.
Find it Fast with Quick Search and Alphabet Search
- Get access to and control of all the songs from your iPod or iPhone right from the head unit! Large music libraries are no problem with a faster connection speed. With Quick Search featuring Alphabet Search, you can easily scroll through long lists of music by skipping through the letters of the alphabet. Once you find the letter you want, you can jump to the exact song! With so many ways to listen to thousands of songs, now you can get super-fast access to Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre and Composer.
App Direct Mode
- Listen to even more music from your iPhone or iPod with App Direct Mode. This new feature offers basic app control (Play, Pause, Track Forward, Track Back) and displays metadata directly on the head unit from numerous third-party apps so that you can enjoy your drive even more and expand your listening choices without fumbling with your phone.
Charge Your Phone
- Standard in-vehicle solutions may drain the battery of your phone, but with the CDE-163BT, your phone charges via the USB cable (sold separately), so you can enjoy nonstop music and power your phone at the same time.
Works with Pandora Internet Radio for iPhone and Android
- Whether you have an iPhone or Android smartphone, Alpine gives you full control of Pandora straight from your dash. Whether you choose to connect through USB or stream wirelessly, you can enjoy your favorite Pandora channels with Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down buttons directly on the faceplate, QuickSearch features, and even the ability to create a new Pandora station and bookmark your favorite tunes on the go. Alpine’s DSP-Sound Expansion circuitry ensures the best possible sound from the Pandora connection.
More Entertainment At Your Fingertips with SiriusXM
- The CDE-163BT is SiriusXM-Ready and connects to the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). Not only do you get music, premier sports, news, talk, entertainment traffic and weather information, you also get these advanced SiriusXM features:
TuneStart and TuneScan
- Miss the start of your favorite song? Start songs from the beginning when tuned to any favorite music channel using TuneStart. Want to preview songs you have not yet heard on your favorite channels? Scan and select songs on favorite music channels with TuneScan.
Tag That Song
- When you hear a song you like, simply press and hold down the CDE-163BT’s Volume button for two seconds. The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPhone. The next time you connect your iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
- Pause, rewind and replay up to 60 minutes of content while listening to SiriusXM content. Listen to your favorite content again, or hear content you missed while listening to another channel.
They're Playing Our Song
- Want to make sure you hear your favorite music whenever it’s being played? With SongAlert and Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to.
Best Sound Quality
- For unrivaled sound quality, expect nothing less than the best. The CDE-163BT uses a 24-Bit DAC for ultimate sound quality with all your digital media sources. And new to this generation, FLAC support via USB for a high resolution audio listening experience.
- Select from 10 different EQ modes to get the best sound from all your sources (Flat/Pops/Rock/News/Jazz/Elec Dance/Hip Hop/Easy Lis/Country/Classical). If the Equalizer presets aren’t enough for your listening taste, there’s a 9-Band Parametric Equalizer you can adjust and save as a user preset for a better sound response curve.
Get a Boost in Great Sound
- With Alpine, expect the premium sound your ears deserve. This head unit allows you to customize your crossover adjustments so you can control where you send high and low frequencies, for the best sound from your CDE-163BT. For a true power upgrade, just add-on the KTP-445A Power Pack to instantly increase your head unit’s power from 18W x 4 RMS to a true 45W x4 RMS (based on CEA-2006 power ratings). Now we’re talking about some serious sound!